i thought it would be cool to take a poll of what type picks yall use?? if u use a 1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sir_gabealot, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    wat make pick do u use??? do u even use a pick???
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    there's no poll ;) :D
  3. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    woopsy. alright im too lazy to make a poll. just say wat ya use, im curious. i personnaly use Dunlop, which i think kick ass cuse there thick and come in pretty colors :D
  4. Er, a Dunlop Tortex Triangle .88mm
  5. Whatever is laying around...im not fussy.
  6. Dunlop in Small or Medium. I like my picks the same way I like my women:thin and flexible.
  7. Ha, brilliant! I don't use picks too often, but when I do I can't stand thick ones. How do people use picks that don't bend?
  8. Dunlop as well, except I like my picks like I like my men, thick and hard. :bag:
  9. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I've got some Dava picks that are pretty cool.
  10. I Actually like this really small pretty thick clear pick, it tends to be what i grab most of the time except i'm not sure who makes it because the name is worn off it and I have yet to find one like it in any store. I like the thicker ones for heavier songs, I find I get a bold sound with it, which i have problems getting with thinner picks. But for most songs I use my fingers.
  11. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Jim Dunlop. Nylon. 60mm. It's the old school country pick.

Jim Dunlop. Nylon. 73mm. It's the Motown pick
  12. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    :eek: OMG thats one thick pick!

I use:
    Clayton 1.0 and .8 mm
    Dunlop Tortex .88 and .6 mm
    COOL with a textured grip area in 1.0 and .6 mm.

It all depends on the song as to which one I use.
  13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have a bunch of Fender picks which I collected at the time that I had a guitar, but I dont use them for bass.
  14. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    yea i use dunlop as well. it seems that dunlop is winning this poll??!! so heres the next, wats ure favorite color dunlop :D mine is black!(i colored it with a sharpy, whats up with those new sharpy to go things???)

how can u stand thin picks on bass??? i cant get them too work how i like it.
  15. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, I tend to use my Claytons more than the others.

I was the same way for years. Since then I have improved my skill and now for me its all about what the song dictates IME. Certain songs require different picking techniques and some its about the tone that is created by using a certain type (thick, thin, nylon) of pick.
  16. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    danke kelly.
    ^^^^(german for thank u)that helped alot
  17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    fndr thn tortis shel.
  18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    dunlop .88's... the gray ones. with the textured top... ya...

and the dunlop with the rhyno on it...
  19. I've always worked at being a good fingerstyle player, but in my latest band (Baron Von Otto Matic), a surf-rock trio, the drummer/leader insisted on me using a pick.

Thanks to a recent article on Sonny Landreth in G***** Player, I discovered Herco Thumb/Flatpicks.

Now they are all I play. I need extra-heavies though, or else they end up like this: