I thought my 5.5lb amp was light...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gustobassman, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    My guitarist just bought one of the new Quilter guitar heads, the little teeny- weeny 2lb mini 101 series - it just rocks! He got this one..

Quilter Performance Amplification

He envied my Mesa D800 and it's diminutive stature. The little Quilter kept up with ease and sounded great. It didn't have that little extra that tubes give, but the crowd didn't care and it sounded fantastic through a Marshall cab. For the price, these things are killer deals. And at only 2lbs, he's got my D800 beat in the weight catagory. It was kind of funny watching him lug the cab around as compared to the itsy-bitsy amp.

Now if only the drummer could find a tiny kit, lol.... :roflmao:

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Quilter makes great products!

and their support is good as well

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Pics?

4. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    I'll see if any were taken at the venue. Heres some video with no FOH for bass or guitar. I really like the sound of this little 101. I *think* he had it on the "surf" setting. Still really crunchy..

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Guitarists are slow to miniaturize. Good for your guitarist.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021