1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I thought my Bass was Big Boss

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seriously, what the Crap

2. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Guess he never heard "less is more".

3. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef “the brian” Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    My GF thought he was holding a blow up balloon toy. I had to convince her that they actually make "basses" like that. Then she asked, "Why doesn't he just play guitar?". I agreed. Lol.

4. Xenos

Xenos

Nov 2, 2013
    Merlin's Beard, it sounds like TRASH on the lower strings. I mean, it's all... What is the point? I mean, I understand wanting to have an extended range. But when it gets to where you can't even get your hand around the neck in a normal way, when you're having to contort your hands like that... What's the point?

And not being able to hear the low C# without a subwoofer, again, what is the ultimate point?

I'm reminded of the Ten Commandments of Bass:
    Thou pusheth thine luck with five strings-six is a mortal sin. Thou hast no business in the upper register.

5. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    He can say "Mine's bigger."

6. Xenos

Xenos

Nov 2, 2013
    Reckon what he's compensating for then? :bag:

But seriously, isn't it just a bit, well, STUPID?

7. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    That's a matter of opinion. It does happen to be my opinion though.

8. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    Really dude? Its clipping the crappy mic in the camera. That's not how it would have sounded in the room with him :rollno:

There are no rules in music, make it with any tool you wish

9. Xenos

Xenos

Nov 2, 2013
    Well, I will grant that. I mean, I could see it being used for some avant-garde type music, but in general, it seems to be a serious ego thing, sort of a "Hey! NO NORMAL AMP CAN HANDLE MY BASS! I'M SO COOL!" type thing.

Don't get me wrong-I don't mind six string basses, and in fact, am doing everything in my power to lay hands on a Squire Vintage Modified Bass VI, so I'm not knocking extended range-but there comes a point when it's just TOO MUCH.

That bass passes that mark and just keeps right on running full tilt.

Damn I need to not get into discussions when I'm on my pain pills, I read WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much into things, and think WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard on things... It's not a good combination!

10. Hopkins

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Sounds like you doubt your ability to play such an instrument so all you can do is trash talk it.

But seriously, isn't that just a bit, well, STUPID?

11. I guess I comemented a mortal sin then lol Really for me anything pass 6 strings is more mortal sin.

12. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a real tomato

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    Amen.

13. hail

hail

Nov 7, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    it's only a 10 string :meh:

Scott Fernandez uses a 12 (and an 18, but that's an octaved 6 string) and makes magic on it.

14. Xenos

Xenos

Nov 2, 2013
    Not according to him on a couple of other videos, can't hear the low C# without a woofer. Presenting the information as it was presented to me.

I don't doubt my ability at all-I'm yet to meet a stringed instrument I cannot play. You assume much about me. Forgive me for having an opinion though-henceforth I shall try and keep them to myself, since sharing them will only get me shot down.

15. Hopkins

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx

Have your opinion all you want, but don't go around calling people stupid because they don't share your opinion, and if you do go around calling people stupid and acting like an ass, don't get your feelings hurt when you get called out on it.

16. Xenos

Xenos

Nov 2, 2013
    Didn't call him stupid-called the concept stupid, and I will again. I think that ANY instrument that requires you to contort your body into ungodly positions to play a note, or that hits notes so low as to not register in the normal range of hearing, but rather have to be FELT, is a bit, well, STUPID.

As far as he goes, he's actually quite talented. I wasn't detraciting from his playing at all.

An no, feelings not hurt-just think you're a bit of a prick for being a presumptuous fella, assuming much about me, and then calling ME names when I'm yet to call anyone ANY names.

So STEP THE HELL OFF.

17. Hopkins

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    You aren't making yourself look any better, and I never called you anything but "dude"

18. Xenos

Xenos

Nov 2, 2013
    Oh no, by YOUR definition, you called ME stupid-you can't have it both ways, mate. But what the hell ever, I don't rightly care-I've got far better things to do with my time than argue with a faceless presumptuous holier-than-thou "dude" on the internet, even if I am laid up from busted up ribs and a fever.

Have a nice day, I'm done dealing with you.

19. Hopkins

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Yeah, I'm walking away from this before I get myself in trouble.

20. ok think makes since...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.