1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I thought some people here might enjoy this...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor [DB]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Apr 20, 2009.

1. :D Heh heh I thought it was great anyway.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Hey Fassa, nice to see you over on this side.

When you search Ebay for items under "double bass", the whole first page is all drum pedals. :rollno:

3. Oh dear.....you'd think eBay would list things a bit better...

I have GAS for a double bass now...damn.

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    And so it begins. Welcome to the dark side, girl.

5. Nooooooooooooooooooo!

6. I'm afraid so, my dear......you are a bit young, but what the hell.....MY name is Paul.....Paul Warburton. You may have heard of ME. (more than likely). I am a VERY famous double bass JAZZ SUPER-STAR. If you'd like to see some pictures of ME AND MY FABULOUS 1888 Joseph Bohmann bass...worth many, many thousands of American dollars and cents, please go to our.................................:atoz:

7. I want that bass....that is so cool!

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That'll never happen. When Paul finally goes to his rewards, we're planning on laying him out on the Bohmann, setting fire to the whole thing, and pushing it out to sea, Viking-style.

9. :bawl:

10. Thank you MY sweet....if you think that's cool, please visit our RECORDINGS forum heading, click on the TALKBASS SAMPLER, go to the bottom of the page and listen to ME!!!!!! Yes, ME!! PAUL WARBURTON....... MYOWNSELF!
    Please listen to "My One and Only Love" Fast forward to the piano solo by my musical son Eric Gunnison (I taught him EVERYTHING he knows, doncha' know), when he comes to the end of his OK solo, he sets the stage for MY brilliant solo that I am most famous for, by, AND under MY direction, modulating to the key of F, allowing ME and MY fabulous Joseph Bohmann (Worth many, many thousands of American dollars and cents.) to state the melody (Imagine! The MELODY on a BASS!!!!) in a MASTERFUL and SENSUAL journey through the material.
    The Dick Hindman Trio stuff is nice too....Especially the samba "PAULO", written and named in MY honor. :hyper:
    Mr. Hindman's composition, "Lost in A Dream" IS special. I chose NOT to solo on this (Bastard wouldn't let me..:crying:) but, I MORE than make up for it by reading his musical mind. As you can hear, I TOY with him all through the cut. ;)
    Please ignore any further comments by MY strange, but beloved, friend Marcus. He lives on an ugly, god-forsaken Island.....he don't get out much, and I pray for him daily, along with another out-cast bassist named Treyzer who has ISSUES as well.......:atoz:
    Thank you and enjoy! :cool:

11. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I know the username says "Paul Warburton", but for some reason, I'm hearin' the voice of Little Richard. :bag:

That's meant as a compliment, BTW.:cool:

12. If that's your idea of a "compliment", I'd hate to hear one of your put-downs. :spit:

13. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Okay, Muhammad Ali then.

Hey Paul... do you ever think about where the bass will wind up after you're done? I do sometimes. I hope it gets used somewhere by someone who appreciates it. Probably a thread on its own.

PS... I love Little Richard, BTW.

14. After I'm DONE? Nice. Thanks a whole lot mother******. :eek:
    Little dark, but I have made arrangements. It will go to a special, talented bassist.
    Yeah, I dig Richard too.
    Thanks, man.

15. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Hehe... yeah, you know, it crosses one's mind. Do good work, leave one's mark, y'know. No rush. :D I'm hoping someone will appreciate my bass, and play the crap out of it.

You know. After I'm done.

16. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I'm hoping that's someone I know.

17. zeytoun

zeytoun

Dec 19, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    I heard it was going to Bass, who is going to pimp it up (to mask the age) with some rockabilly flames, and put some foam inserts in the f-holes because it's too resonant (feedback).

18. You SO silly. :D

19. I said: A special, talented bassist. :rollno:

20. zeytoun

zeytoun

Dec 19, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    well, I didn't want to immediately assume that it were me... and look presumptuous...