Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I thought this was nice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ldiezman, Feb 3, 2002.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    A friend of mine who is a guitar major her at school recently fell in love with playing upright and electric bass. Well The electric bass he used for one of the bands he was in, he had to give back when he quit b/c it wasn't his. Well anyway. He works at mars music giving bass lessons. The other day the Fender rep was in there checking out all the fenders making sure they were in working order.. Someone told this guy to go talk to him so he did. He told the rep. how he plays but doesn't have a bass anymore and he is in college and can't afford a bass... Well the guy just looks at him and tells him that he will give him the Rep disscount and sell him a fender Mexican Jazz bass for $200 brand new.. He got to choose the color and what not.. it will be here in 2 weeks.. I just thought that was a pretty sweet deal

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I couldn't get a MIM used for $200!I've been saving up for one,and maybe i can talk the salesman down to 350 or something.Thats a real cool thing the fender rep did for your friend,put in a good word for me,please? ;)