Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I too have acquired a new (cheap) bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cambass, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Well today I finally bought a new bass after a couple of months worrying about what to buy. Since I only had $400 Australian to spend it was clear that I wasn't going to get that Fender Jazz bass I'd dreamed of playing.

So anyway I found a place and went in. They had some Ashton basses so I tried one. It is the AB400 L/H, which is based on the Ibanez SR100 (in shape etc). It has one pickup and the body is smalled than usual, at least smaller than my other guitar anyway. Conveniently, at the store, they had the exact same amp that I have (Ashton), which was perfect because I could test it out and know what sound I'd get at home too.

I was quite pleased with the sound and the thing that sticks out is the weight. If this thing wasn't tied down on a windy day it would just blow away. The important thing is that it feels great to play, much better than the Samick P-Bass copythat I have. It may not be a Fender or huge brand but I'm happy with it. :)

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    CamBass: Congrats! have fun with the bass :D