1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I took a new Family picture :D

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by colorblindbass, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Yeah...

havent posted in a while because of an extreme band, marching band, jazz band, orchestra & pep band schedule...

But! because of a few new additions, thought id take a picture and post it on my favorite website to lurk at 5 am!
    (yes i know its not currently 5 am, but its getting there...)

FamilyPictue.

Guitars:
    '07 MIM classic '60s telecaster (strung with 12's)
    '06 MIM roadhouse deluxe strat (strung with 13 gauge Flats)

Basses:
    Squier VM jazz bass with fretted neck, BAII bridge, pickup covers switched to standard shiny fender ones. (strung with old grimy Rotosound 66's)
    Squier VM P bass with vintage fender bridge, allparts maple & pearl blocked neck with vintage style reverse tuners & tree (strung with DR bootzilla's 50-110 set)
    Squier Standard jazz bass, precision neck with reverse vintage tuners, dimarzio ultrajazz pickups, brass saddle bridge, 60's style cloth wiring (strung with 3 year old Rotosound 77 flats)

Uprights:
    Left- Klaus Mueller 3/4 with random piezo pickup (a bit nasally sounding)
    Right- Karl Knilling 3/4 might be carved, dont actually know... reallly heavy though, Very full sound with great resonance & sustain.

Organ= '66 Hammond B3 Maple with cherry finish & matching Leslie speaker cabinet (not pictured)

Amps:
    '68 Fender bandmaster 2x12 with peavey classic 30 head on top
    Pre-fender SWR Big Bertha, with Peavey tour 700 head on top.

Wellll now that ive wasted 10 minutes im gonna go play the knilling....

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I'll bet your wife isn't too thrilled that your toys take up the entire room! ;)

3. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    please sir, may i have your B3?
    *sad puppy face*

just kidding :D but i do admire it so

4. manutabora

manutabora

Aug 14, 2007
    Iowa City, IA
    Dude, that room looks like a lot of fun to me!
    Are you going to college for music? I am too :hyper: Although I'm actually a violin student, I don't play upright but I do play electric in jazz band, pep band, etc. The activities you describe sound a lot like what I do, that's why I ask.
    Anyway, that's awesome! It's a room full of mojo :cool:

5. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    Gotta take a family portrait soon......

6. And thats why its good that im only in Highschool :)
    and have supportive parents,
    and dont drive,
    so that money i dont have to spend on insurance, or cars, or drivers ed: is money that i totally spend on Stuff. :cool:

ahh yes definatly going to college in music. Im leaning towards being a band director actually....

7. Don't even mention around here that your parents buy you stuff..

I did, (well, I actually didn't say that my parents bought me stuff, people just thought that) and yeah, I was pretty much verbally raped :p

P.S.. Does anyone know what this thing is doing after it's done crying? :bawl:

8. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I like how all your equipment is blocking the real family photos... you have your priorities straight ;)

9. It Dosnt really bother me :D
    (its not that i like getting raped, i just don't acknowledge pointless negative criticism...)