Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Took Some Guitar Pictures...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Jun 8, 2005.

1. I took some guitar pictures the other day...
    2001 1958 Reissue Les Paul
    [​IMG]
    1998 1958 Reissue Les Paul
    [​IMG]
    1971 Les Paul Deluxe
    [​IMG]
    1959 Les Paul Special
    [​IMG]
    Mid-90's MIJ Telecaster
    [​IMG]

2. Sweet guitars.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    That 1998 Les Paul reissue is beautiful.

4. For the love of God, Please Tort that Tele!

But otherwise, beautiful guitars.

5. Just curious, how do P-90s sound on a Les Paul?

6. The P-90's rule! I suppose the big LP Jr. song is Mississippi Queen by Mountain, and I guess the biggest song I can think of with a "regular" LP w/ P-90's would be Carl Perkins' Blue Suede Shoes. Tom Scholz from Boston also has a P-90 in the neck position.
    [​IMG]

I guess what I like about them is they're ballsy, airy, not as "squashed" as humbuckers, and "bigger" than most Fender pickups. They sound great clean, and they can get a really mean sounding "honk."

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Now THAT's a beauty!

8. When I got the Tele it was a garish FotoFlame clownburst. It had a 'mother of toilet seat' pickguard. It was a gaudy guitar. Ever since I was a kid I'd wanted an Olympic White tele with a rosewood board, because I wanted to be like Jimmy Page.
    [​IMG]

So what did I do? I sanded it down and hit it with a couple of cans of Almond colored Krylon. The 'parchment' guard is not only like Page's Tele, but it's also period correct.

9. Regarding the Tele, I've got Harmonic Design pickups in it. A Super 90 in the bridge and Vintage Plus in the neck. HD claims that their pickup will sound like a Les Paul Junior crossed with a Telecaster. It does.

That pickup is not subtle- it's tough. You'll also notice the control plate looks all chewed up and stuff... I've always hated the 3 position slide switch. I always would lose the switch tips, it was a pain to get your fingers between the volume and the switch to get it out of bridge position. So I replaced it with a 3 position Switchcraft toggle going up/down. I also made the volume knob just the bridge vol., and the former tone knob is the neck vol. I added a pot in the middle and that's the neck tone. It's a rock machine.

10. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I love shooting guitars. They are quite visually appealing to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    The GOlden Boy,

That Les Paul Deluxe is B_U_T_ful. I love the Les Paul shape. Very nice shots too.

12. Punker Trav, you've got a nice eye for it. I have to figure out the right time of day, where the light is "right" but not too intense. On all three of the maple tops, the pictures don't catch any hint of the 3D effect.

The Deluxe is an interesting guitar. I first came across it in 91, the neck was broken into 3 pieces and was parting it out. I bought the case for like $10, I also bought the tuners. A few years later a friend gave me the pieces of the neck and the body, Gibson had me send the body and the headstock to a place that made me a new neck. "A guy I know" did the finish work on it, by the paint in the cavities, it used to be a gold top, when I got it, it was stripped to natural. I recently asked Ian Anderson of Scott Lentz' shop to shave down the neck, the replacement neck was really, really big. I like thick "baseball bat" necks, and this one was way too big. Right now it's got Seymour Duncan Hot P-90s in it. Nice pickups.

13. You start using those Pauls on the rhythm setting, y'hear? :D

Very nice axes, Golden. :cool:

Mike

14. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

NICE PICS!
    I wish I had the money to collect a bunch of nice gibson and fender guitars.

15. omg, I hate you soo much :spit: :smug: I know you want to give me that 1959 Les Paul Special

16. You noticed? :p

I finally found the picture of Jimmy Page that got my whole white Telecaster thing going.
    [​IMG]