I touched my new Stingray today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danm, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    It arrived from the importers to the local dealer this morning. The salesperson called me on my mobile to tell me how nice it looked so I had to go & check it out for myself. I was shaking so much when I saw it I hardly trusted myself to hold it let alone plug it in & play it. I tried several Rays ( both 4 & 5 string ) prior to placing this order so I can imagine how great it is going to sound when I get to plug it in.

The best piece of Natural finished Ash I have ever seen in my life!!! Beautiful straight grain, they really do save the best pieces for the clear finishes, this one is A Grade!!

The neck is an awesome chunk of maple heaven, the fretwork & feel of the neck is exquisite, The hardware to die for, all tucked up in one of the best looking hard cases I've seen in a long time.

The hipshot detuner & straplocks are in the case ready to be installed.

Will hopefully get to take it home sometime this week, will be able to post pics then.

Can you tell I'm excited???
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Awesome! I think I'm going to be recieving a Stingray as well very soon. If this bid goes through I should probably see my new *used* baby :). Black on black with a splash of white for the fingerboard. It looks like it's in great condition.

Go Stingray!
  3. I'm saving for a second hand one ($2000 AUD). I hope it's still there by the time I have the money together (3-4weeks!) :(
  4. Nice work mate! That is one bass you will never want to get rid of. Better Music or Pro Audio? I don't know if you saw it (maybe even played it?), but there was a dark cherry burst Stingray at Better Music about 4 months ago... I bought it :) Best investment ever. Sounds amazing and looks to kill.

I think I need to buy some straplocks tho...any idea what sort of price range they're in?
  5. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Got Better Music to get it in for me....It's never been out on the floor there.... But I think I may have played yours during my search :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

Straplocks are only $20

Now just waiting for the rest of the money to hit my account....I WANT MY RAY!!!!!!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  6. congrats~ stingrays are great.. take good care of her, she'll never let you down.. :D

right now i'm looking for a new bass myself.. can't decide between a 78' fender jazz, used lakland 4-94 or another stingray with peizo pups... wish i had all of em.. lol