1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I treated myself to a...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    ...Dean Rhapsody 8 string bass.:p Merry X-mas to myself. I've been playing it @ work for months & I just sold a guitar amp I had & I figured I'd pick one up. It's gonna fill up the sound of Theorem ALOT since we have one guitarist. I can't wait to bring her to rehearsal. :)

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Cool. Post a pic soon.

Merry Xmas.:)

3. Bloody nice bass that...Mr. Brown!

I`ve never played an 8.Are the strings arranged in pairs/octives?Sounds cool. :D

Merry Christmas!

4. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I just got to play one at work the other day.... thick and creamy! I am probably going to pick one up myself in the near future, I want to compare it to the LTD 8 string the just came out with....

P@

5. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Congrats! I just picked one of those up myself. Since my (latest) L2000 fulfills all my "normal" bass needs I went for the Rhapsody for something different. I also can't wait to try it with the band (although with 2 guitars I don't know how much I'll use it) - maybe on a Cheap Trick song we do that one of the guitarists has never bothered to learn.