Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Tricked Her!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, May 28, 2005.

1. Ha!

So I took my girlfriend of 3 years (3 years as of yesterday) out to dinner this evening. After having our fill of fillet mignon and lobster, I talked our waitress into getting everybody in the restaurant to come over to our table and witness me presenting a ring and asking her to marry me.

I just wanted to share with you guys that I got engaged this evening to the most amazing woman, and she puts up with me. :smug:

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Wait, so was the lobster FILLED with fillet mignon?

3. Fillets on one plate robster and butter melter on another!

4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    That's awesome dude. Congratulations.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You go Lock Robster!

6. I prefer quiche.

Quiche La Poodle!
    [​IMG]

7. Way to get everyone in the restaurant over, that way she can't say no! Way to go!

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    How did it taste? good?

oh congrads...

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Congrats, dude!! That woulda sucked if you got all those people over there and she said "no."

brad cook

10. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    ^Nah, just slowly leave crying and see if someone else will pickup the tab :0.

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good work man! I want to try a fillet stuffed with lobster now. (I know that's not what you said ;) ).

Ever hear of John Madden and his "Turducken"?

12. Congrats man!!!

Oh yeah , get a pre nup for your gear, Nobody want to play a 2 or 2 1/2 stringer if things go south :D :D :D

13. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats!! Creative way of popping the question, too.

14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Had one before, they are damn good. I think the duck's juices helps to keep the turkey moist.

15. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    When I first saw the thread title, I thought you were gonna tell us you'd used the 'ol 'I have six months to live and I'm a virgin" routine.....

:D

Congrats, man.....

16. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Congrats, man. I'm getting married in a month... here's some advice: start planning NOW (or run and hide and let her do it. ;))

17. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Holy crap! You're the bassist from Koala? I know who you are. I saw you guys a couple months back with Strangest Places (their singer is a friend of mine and my fiancee.) I remember liking your set and commenting to my fiancee, "That bassist has the same G&L as me!" (though a different color....L2000s rock!) I've lived in Omaha for about 2 years now but I grew up in Milwaukee. Well congrats again on the engagement!