I tried the new Eden Silver series 115 and 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Today my local store got the 112 and 115 combo in, so I was playing through them.

The 115 had plenty to offer, it was a nice size and had really warm thick tone. I was really impressed about everything about it. It didn't break up when you cranked it, the speaker never farted at all. I didn't try it with a 5 string though. You could get a fairly good punch out of it. It took almost no tweeking at all to get such a sweet sound, I almost bought it on the spot. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to add matching cabinets to them and more power in the head. But for 120 watts it sure rattled the store without a problem and not even turned up very loud. I will reccomend this amp for every single beginner I come across no matter what. The price for what it is, is amazing. If you get a chance to play around with one of these, do so. Also, I found it sounded a lot different than the Nemesis 115 combo, which I didn't really like and found wasn't thick enough.

The 112 was a different story, it had the same head, a nicer size and looked like a dream come true. I plugged in and sadly it did not have the strong pressence that the 15 had in the room. For only 100 dollars less (canadian currency) it wasn't worth it, I would not look forward to playing through this amp again. The cabinet even rattled on certain notes which automatically made me not want to buy it.

If you are starting out playing, or need something bigger than your practice amp to start jamming with drummers and guitarists. The 115 is perfect. Lighter, more powerful and cheaper than the peavey TKO's. I hope they last a while without breaking down.