1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I tried to love roundwounds but...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sleeq, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    I have three P-Basses.

i string each one with different strings so i can alternate playing.

I have roto steels on one, fender flats on another, and ernie ball nickels on the third.

I always end up playing the one with flats. I cannot seem to get a good sound. I tried all roundwound strings (fender, daddario, EB, DM etc etc) and i never satisfied with the sound.

I strung them all back to flats and will just change basses depending on the mood i'm in!

2. mario222

mario222

Dec 12, 2007
    I know what you mean man. I put a set of rounds on my P a few weeks ago and even though it was kinda refreshing in a way having that whole Entwistle rounds on a P thing going, I felt something in my tone was missing. Once you go down the flats on a P road its hard to give up the thump you grow to love!

3. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    I have one bass strung with flats and the other with rounds. While I enjoy playing with the rounds, I find myself coming back to the flats much more often ( especially as they are TI Jazz Flats ;) ).