I trusted the poll...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Daywalker, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    ...and bought the 2004 LTD Jazzman. It plays so sweet, and has all the Warwick growl mixed with the warm/smooth lows and crisp highs. It's got the exact tone I was looking for! Although, I have noticed that I have to crank it up a lot more than my other Wicks for it to be as loud. I remember another member owning one of these, do you also find this to be true?
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    You can probably adjust the gain pots in the electronic cavity. Pop it open and see if you can't get a #1 size scew driver to fiddle around with.
  3. On the circuit board, you will find some surface mounted potentiometers. These will look like little round dials mounted vertically OR maybe a little square block with a small screwdriver slot in the top. Look in your owners manual and you'll see them pointed out. These set the range your front controls work in. You can boost or cut the overall gain with one of these and then use the front volume to control it for fine tuning.
  4. You can also try raising the pickup height. The closer the pickups are to the strings, the more output you're going to have. However, it can change the tone quite a bit. Very easy to adjust though!
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Gain pot is the suggestion id go for. Nice bass though.
  6. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Sweet looking Warwick!!
  7. No, mine is significantly louder than my other guitars.
  8. Maybe you two should compare string-to-pickup distances.

That's a beautiful bass!
  9. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks, I'll give all these things a try.
  10. Wonderful bass! I have the 2002 LTD edition, which basically is the predecessor to the 2004 model!
  11. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Congrats man! A very nice Warwick!