Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Upped the Ante!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Jan 31, 2006.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    [​IMG] I Upped the Ante!
    And a result of that is an upped price, but it's worth it. I was going to get an Ibanez SR 400 but then re-canted and gave the go ahead on an SR 500. The woods, pups, and electronics make it worth it. I just hope it don't take a month to get from Ibanez to my local GC. This has got to be one of the worse Guitar Centers around.
    They don't keep much in stock like they used to and if they have 3 basses of a certain model in they put all 3 on the rack. I like my instruments new out of the box and I like taking them out of the box. Pristine where only my hands have touched it, a virgin. If it needs some TLC or a set-up I'll do it. Floor models are ok if the store takes care of them. I live in the Philadelphia area and the floor model instruments are always beat and you can't get one out of the box at this GC, I HATE THAT! You gotta special order one. I got lucky with my BTB it was only a day old and I picked the one with the most dust on it meaning, no one picked it up. I wish they would keep one on the floor and the rest in the boxes so we could take the pleasure of de-flowering it. :D

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    but a handful of people have already had their way with the bass before it hits the box :meh:

you need to build your own next time :bassist:

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    You had to go and spoil it for me didn't you? :(

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Naaa I hear what you are saying... that's part of what I love about custom ordering and online ordering. It's like Christmas time unwrapping them when they arrive :hyper: