1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I usually defend GC but this is kinda ridiculous

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mantis Tobaggan, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    I purchased three speaker cables, two packs of strings, a peg turner and the clerk rung me up wrong. It was pretty ridiculous. It took him a while to fix it.

Also, they had an Ampeg SVT CL marked as over $2500 retail. I told the clerk that it was priced wrong and the clerk didn't seem to care. He said he didn't know anything about "those amps." It was priced like a Heritage but was just the CL. Hope no one gets ripped off ...

On the bright side, I am excited to try the peg turner later when I get home. It is an Ernie Ball. No more hand turning pegs and getting them smudged. Changing strings should be pretty breezy from now on.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    BigDrew likes this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Okay.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Did you make sure to buy a bass-sized peg winder? If not, prepare for disappointment. If you did get the right size, still prepare for disappointment. I think I used my peg winder once. I use big ol' clover leaf tuners so I find it much quicker to turn them with one finger.

4. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Yeah it says it will work on them. I can't turn mine with one finger, you sound skilled at it. Hopefully it works well.

5. mp40smg

mp40smg

Aug 11, 2010
    Worcester, Ma.
    Their systems seem to suck. And with that kind of system it is a major PITA to undo anything. Fastest would have been to void the sale and start over.But once you try to undo something you tend to be stuck with going that route to the end of the process. I would attribute it to a systems issue more than the counter person.

Not HIS inventory... Probably came in mis-marked/ incorrectly bar coded or tagged. And will stay mis marked/ mis priced until it gets sent back to the warehouse..

Now, If you said. "I want to buy that amp. But i think the price is mis marked" you may have got some degree of activity.

6. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
  7. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
  8. ShadowImage

ShadowImage Guest

Jan 12, 2016
    The clerk doesn't set the prices and anyone can make a mistake entering data. Give him a break :/

You're seriously worried about "smudged pegs"??? I feel bad for the guy ringing you up.

9. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    I'm not blaming the clerk for the mispricing or for smudging my pegs. Im saying that im glad to have a peg turner and that i hope no one pays 800 too much for an amp. The overall theme is that normally i stand up for GC because i buy stuff from there all the time and usually it is fine.

TinIndian likes this.
  10. MMiller28

MMiller28

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Sweet blog

11. Axstar

Axstar

Jul 8, 2016
    East of Eden.
    My peg winder has put a telltale scratch on all my tuning pegs. Where is your God now?

12. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Sorry to inconvenience you all

13. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    He has foresaken me

14. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Smudged tuners? Sounds like you need some tuner polish.

HolmeBass and gebass6 like this.
  15. Matt O

Matt O

Feb 19, 2013
    The Mitten
    I keep my pegs nice and smudge free by never tuning.

Ymmv.

16. QweziRider

QweziRider Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Northern Nevada, U.S.
    They already do that at the factory anyhow.

LiquidMidnight and Matt O like this.
  17. OOD

OOD

Jul 29, 2009
    This goes well beyond first world problems.

18. But now I've smudges on my tuner turner.

Ha, tuner turner! Wasn't she married to Ike? (Sorry, sometimes I just amuse myself).

19. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Ah, what a lovely Orlando FL GC story.

organworthyplayer337 likes this.