i wanna 5string but whatever should i get!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by meridith, May 19, 2002.

1. meridith

meridith Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    clinton twp michigan
    ok well right now i play a reverand rumblefish and i love it but im looking for a 5string and a little better quality bass but ive been looking the last few months and still dont know what i should get im so picky! i dont wanna spend more then 1000$ but it would be really cool to find something used and in nice shape for kinda cheap, ebay so far hasnt help with that one! HELP! :confused:
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    MTD Kingston 5

Do a search on it, and LO! There is much good talked about this bass, and much smack about others.

Seriously, this thing kicks serious butt for less than $500, and can be a monster for about 650, if you upgraded the preamp. As is, about $475, it can handle anything you throw at it. It's that good. It's B string is bar none, even some of the higher $2000 can't beat the B on this thing.

You could use the other $500 on something else...like a fretless version of one (calling fhodshon?)
  3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  4. Listen

May 19, 2002
    If you want that stingray sound, but not the price, i say go with OLP, for 250, you can get a 5er. OLP is a branch of Ernie Ball MusicMan. Im buyin one.
  5. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Lakland 55-01. Best bass I've played for under $1000.
  6. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    you can get a used stingray 5 for that much... or 2 kingstons... but you can only play 1 bass at a time, so it might as well be a good one.
  7. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    p.s. - olp is NOT a branch of eb or mm...