1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i wanna 5string but whatever should i get!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by meridith, May 19, 2002.

1. meridith

meridith Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    clinton twp michigan
    ok well right now i play a reverand rumblefish and i love it but im looking for a 5string and a little better quality bass but ive been looking the last few months and still dont know what i should get im so picky! i dont wanna spend more then 1000$ but it would be really cool to find something used and in nice shape for kinda cheap, ebay so far hasnt help with that one! HELP! :confused:

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    MTD Kingston 5

Do a search on it, and LO! There is much good talked about this bass, and much smack about others.

Seriously, this thing kicks serious butt for less than $500, and can be a monster for about 650, if you upgraded the preamp. As is, about $475, it can handle anything you throw at it. It's that good. It's B string is bar none, even some of the higher $2000 can't beat the B on this thing.

You could use the other $500 on something else...like a fretless version of one (calling fhodshon?)

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  4. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    If you want that stingray sound, but not the price, i say go with OLP, for 250, you can get a 5er. OLP is a branch of Ernie Ball MusicMan. Im buyin one.

5. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Lakland 55-01. Best bass I've played for under $1000.

6. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    you can get a used stingray 5 for that much... or 2 kingstons... but you can only play 1 bass at a time, so it might as well be a good one.

7. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    p.s. - olp is NOT a branch of eb or mm...