1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I wanna be a Canuck!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phalex, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I just talked to a guy in Sudbury Ont. He ordered some stuff for a busted machine and tells me he doesn't need it until Tuesday.

It seems that not only do they get Good Friday off, (Sounds like a national thing) but he doesn't work on Monday because they get that off for Easter!

Of course the lakes are still frozen over, and there's a good bit of snow still on the ground, but still!

How many of you TB Canadians have a long weekend coming up?

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Good ole Christian Holy Days.

3. crayzee

crayzee

Feb 12, 2009
    Mississauga, ON
    Yep. But I only get the Friday off. Monday's not a statutory holiday.

4. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    In the U.S. you can get a job at an investment bank.

Downside: people hate you because they're ignorant
    Upside: Good Friday holiday - stock markets closed

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I got nuttin...I have to work. And since what I do is tied up with the stock market, I'll be in work sitting on TB all day. (well...moreso than I do now) so what's the use?

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    You don't get friday/monday off??

Aus does as well. Praise jebus.

7. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    Sorry, Phalex. We don't want you.

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    haaa but come July 4th we'll all be laffin at ya while we're sipping on cold beers and barbecuing!

9. I want a banana sticker :hyper:

btw, I got both friday and monday off.

10. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Our version (Canada day) is July 1st.

11. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

You may want to become Canadian, but you don't want to
    live anywhere near Sudbury.

12. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Yea. I get Friday, but not monday off.

Stay out of our country!

13. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    yeah, sudbury can be br00tal during the winter months. I suggest Vancouver, or Toronto. Or even Montreal. Actually, Quebec City is an AMAZING place to live in/by.

14. Right now there's no snow and we've been around 5 degrees Celcius for a few weeks. We get 6 days a year where either you don't work and get paid for it, or work and get paid time and a half.
    Christmas day,
    New Years Day,
    Labour Day,
    Remembrance Day,
    Canada Day,
    and either Easter Monday or Good Friday, most businesses alternate each year with the Easter one.

In Quebec though they don't celebrate Remembrance Day (Veterans Day) and instead celebrate St John Baptist which here is mostly a seperatist holiday. You can drink in public parks during John Baptist, but you best not if you're English so I stayed home.

15. Why in Buddha's name would anyone WILLINGLY want to be Canadian? :ninja: :p

16. for the answer to that please send one(1)valid green card care of this address.......

17. At my job we get Good Friday off but also get the week of July 4th off and the week between Christmas and New Year off as well. We also get Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. On top of all that we get 15 days of paid vacation to use per year. However, I haven't worked in 3 months because of wrist surgery but I'm still getting paid because I hurt my wrist at work. Imagine that, right here in the USA, even though it's a Japanese company.

18. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    One word: Rye

19. the first is the holiday here,as we have no revolution to celebrate....canada was created more by back room politics than dumping tea in boston harbor ..the united empire loyalists who fled the us during and after the revolution in my view seem to be where the differences in the american /canadian views of the world originate.......

20. Don't forget Boxing Day!