Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I wanna buy some new dvd's/videos for inspiration...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Suckbird, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    This is the videos i have:

-Larry graham super solo bass, havent wacthed the whole, and it's not instructional.

-Louis Johnson 20licks, haven't watched the whole either or learned anything from it yet since it's on my comp, and i think the licks is a bit wankery.

-Alex sklaervski's the slap bass program, think it's pretty good, i learned the proper way to slap out of it and got some inspiration, thumbs up for this one but it's kinda expensive.

-The art of tapping, well i learned to do some cross-string tapping and how to single string tap and a little chordal but i found this video pretty bad, i wich he could go way deeper into single-string tapping and showing alot of excercises for the right hand...

-Stu hamm vol 1, haven't watched it properly yet but it might be good..

I've started to slap alot now and really like it but my tapping is very weak and i'm about to give it up, i cant get my pinky and ring finger work together and i have really bad phrasing, i can do the peanuts theme and eruption but nothing more... i know it takes time but i've been doing excercises to make my right hand stronger 1 hour a day for 2 weeks and i still cant get my fingers work good together.

Anyway, i might sell the videos i already have and buy new for inspiration and learning new techniques.

So, suggestion? It can be anything.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    anything with Otiel, MeShell, Matt Garrison, Gary Willis, Dominique, NHOP, Ray Brown and Roscoe P. Coltrane....

3. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Billy Sheehan's new Advanced Bass DVD is amazing.

4. slybass3000

slybass3000 Banned

Nov 5, 2004
    Montréal,Qc,Canada
    You want inspiration?
    Check Joni Mitchel's Shadow&light with Jaco.
    Then for great live performance of a band with a great drummer check out Sir Paul's Back in the the U.S.A.
    That will make you play bass.
    SB

5. i really like wooten's live at bass day '98...i still watch it every once in a while!