1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i wanna see some accugroove set ups!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODNY, Mar 23, 2006.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    please and thanks!!!!!!!

:eyebrow: :eek: :) :) :) :)

2. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    DSC00723.

DSC00442.

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

Paging mr. Baudin.

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    wolf man,

i reaaaaaaalllllllll dig that 2nd picture

tell me, how are you running your ca9 into that whappo?

i have a ca9 aswell, and i am not really sure how to approach it

thanks!!!!

4. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Here's a recent gig with my Sadowsky going through my Aggie 750 into my Whappo, Jr. The tone is awesome.

5. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Sadowsky -> DB750 -> El Whappo Jr = Tone Bliss

I'm in the middle of moving so I can't take pix of it's glory, but my formula for Tonal Bliss works very well and is light.
    Lakland 4-94 -> Eden WT400 -> Tri110L & Tri112L = :bassist:

6. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I run the HBP-1 > CA9 and set it to parallel so that input A drives channel A & B and usually I just use one side. One side of the CA9 into the el whappo is usually PLENTY!! I had a gig last weekend and used the whappo on one side with a tri210L on the other channel, and it was ridiculously loud and punchy. Plus that way you can adjust the volume on the CA9 to get the right volume blend between cabs. I let another bass player use my rig that night and he was loving it... a little too much I think, you couldn't hear much of anything else!!

A word of warning- Bridging the CA9 is a scary endeavor. I wouldn't reccomend it, even with a big cab. I tried it once, it was like trying to drive a formula one car on a sheet of ice!!!! It would be fun to bridge one into two big cabs though, like a pair of 8x10's or something.

I couldn't be happier with my CA9. That is a power amp that does it's job! I like it so much that I could care less that it weighs 50 lbs!

7. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    yea man

who cares if its 50 lbs. like, only wimpy people complain about weight. like, lift weights or something hahah j/k

but really, yea i'll switch it back.

do i switch it to paralell mono? or stereo?

8. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Is running two cabs off of one preamp signal what you want? Use the middle setting, It looks like input A > power outputs A+B. Be careful not to set it as A>AB (this would be bridged mode), you want A>A&B.

Of course if you have a stereo setup or something like that, you'll have two signals, but if you have one, and want to use two CA9 channels, thats the way to go.

regarding the weight, I was much more frustrated hauling my 40lb crest around because it didn't perform as well as I needed. The CA9 at 50lbs, fine with me!!!!!

9. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
  10. Nice rig, Jake! That's a pro setup if I've ever seen one. I know you make it sound good too!

-Bernie

11. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    thanks for the advice jake..

do you msn messenger?

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    what's this? when did the jive one get a sadowsky?!

13. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    No Sadowsky for me, I was talking about Kevins. On that note, your Sadowsky sounded killer through the DB750->Whappo Jr too.

14. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    pm at ya!!

15. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    How did you get an AG cab w/no carpet? The one on the left.

16. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland

And I can say this: if anybody wants an Aggie 750 or an Accugroove cabinet, jivesound.com is the place to go. Great prices plus a knowledgable bass player to deal with.

Not affiliated, just very pleased with my dealings.

17. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    It was a prototype I think. They were looking at different covering options, and this was a sample. He asked me of I would be interested in taking this one instead of a carpet one. I actually like it alot, its super tough. Its less like EA's granular spray finish on the cxl112, more like the glossier Meyer or EAW type finish I've seen.

18. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Here is mine:

01287a70.

It is, in case you were wondering, an Eden WT-800 and an AccuGroove Tri-112L.
    Lovely.