Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I wanna show up in the next poll!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Hey everyone, the next time someone starts a thread "favorite TalkBassists", I wanna show up.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to do this? JT? Ikickuintheballs? Notduane? JWC? Oysterman? You guys all do pretty well. Anyone else who's famous around here?

Help. I wanna be famous on TalkBass too. :(

2. I would research the posts of the users on your list and follow in their footsteps.

The cliff notes:

JT- sincere and informative
    IKYITB- got points for his name
    NotDuane- humorous and informative
    JWC- he followed the dark side onto the list
    Oysterman- informative and all ways seems to be yelling the information, must be the picture.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Huh? Does he act different up here?

4. Hahahah. Yes! Too bad I know too little to be informative.. but that's only because I've been playing a mere year and 5 months. :)

Oysterman looks like one of the dudleys from WWF! Look!

JWC got his fame the first time he was here. He's still famous because of that, but he's not bad at all.

5. Well I guess that was the old JT, now he has so much moderating to do I think he spends a lot of time cutting to the chase, from past experience if you ask John a serious question you will get a serious answer.
    I think credit must be giving to a member that invites other members to his home.

6. very true! hehe I'd do the same if there were more bassists around LI!

7. Hey I can do that...I can have a TB "Meeting of the Minds" I am in Northeast PA, and I will set everything up.....all you New Yorkers better get you butts over here, because hey it is not that far away... C'mon let's get this together, and the main conversation will be getting Joe Nerve on the in crowd list.....

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Now that's one of the best things I've heard (read) on talkbass. Please make sure you all study my website, listen to my music, and get a good feel for my playing - so there'll be lots to discuss.

Should I be in attendance - or would that be tacky?

9. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    wot did JWC do??

and anyway , ive made valid contributions and made some good threads, so i shud be there two, maybe in the b list or c? but still there!

10. Joe Nerve!

Come play at a BBQ I am going to have this summer for my freinds.Then you will be on the list! :D :D

Don`t worry,I never made the list either.Although I am on the sh*t list at work.....hehe

11. im famous, but unfortunatly im the only one that knows it

12. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Gruffer: Caustic wit. Now "double" trouble (wit dat rat-house :p )

AHH! :eek: Gotta go! It's almost Polka hour on KNON :) .
    Can't escape your roots eh?

13. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Oh, now I see why you started one last time! :)

I agree, it's terrible when those threads start up, and you don't see your name. :( Don't worry Joe, you're special to me - us outcasts have to stick together... :D

14. *sigh* don't we all... my plan is to steal jokes from dave barry and fool people into thinking i'm cool.

15. I do.. oh you're so sexy! hehehe

16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :eek:i don´t know what to say!

somebody loves me! [​IMG] even with a tooth missing!

17. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    cool!

how do u do the :D the the tooth missin?

18. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000