Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i wanna write songs,but dont know waht to write about!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Nov 2, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    what can a 13 year old write about?i dont hate the world,im not politically angry.im not poor,im not rich.i listen to mostly punk and ska,and a little metal.so give me some ideas to write about?i dont have a girlfriend.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Write about what it might be like if you were a young teenager without a girlfriend. One who was happy with the world but not yet ready to get into politics. Someone who was middle class and likes rock music.

3. Do what I do, just write stuff down that probly makes no sense. If you get a really awesome line in your head write it down, and if you have to, leave it for a bit... so yah, just try ranting on about lemons and rainbow turkies and stuff if you want...

4. You need some kind of inspiration. You CAN just sit down and write a song about nothing (hell a lot of new bands do that), but something has to motivate you, something you feel strongly about. Hell what do I know, I'm in a similar dilema. I do have a girlfriend, and I think I'm going to write a song about her, unfortunatly Primus along with my general dumbassedness is going to turn the song in to a twisted love song. "I'd cut off my fingers for you..." etc...

I dunno, find what interests you and write about it. Sit down and listen to the music you want to write like and think about what it's about, maybe that'll help. But once again, I don't know why I'm talking, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

5. I've actually found that the music you listen too highly influences the way you end up writing songs... I write quite a bit like Matt Good now... its kinda scary actually....

But I'll be honest with ya... the best song I wrote started off being about killer bees... and then it ended up being a song where I pretty much poured my soul out into it... so yah, writing songs about nothing can end up being amazing songs in the end... hell, maybe I'll post that song... if I can find it....

6. I just thought of the answer, take the Anthony Kedis way out, just say the dumbest things possible in your songs and people will love you for it... "Up to my ass in alligators, lets get it on with the alligator haters."

7. Write about lack of inspiration and boredom.

That usually applies to most teens.

8. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    Scotland,
    Billie Joe already used the words for the song that I need, "The grouch"comes to mind :p

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    hey this is frankencow!thanks for all the replies,im thinking of writing similiar to a punk band i know of called millencolin.they write funnny songs,but sing them serious,and use like deep sounding melodies.a few songs i can think of are nosepicker,and killercrush.killercrush is talking about how he likes fat girls.and how he feels more comfortable around them.whats some stuff i could write about like that( im not talking just about girls,anything!) anything funny?

10. Funkencow, as I started to read you original request I though that's what you should sing about,"
    1. i dont hate the world, I love life
    2. im not politically angry, I understand my culture
    3. im not poor,im not rich, I can be at ease in any circumstance
    4. i listen to mostly punk and ska,and a little metal, I love my music
    5. i dont have a girlfriend, but someone is out there waiting for me

abel;)

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Despite what people seem to think, you don't have to be messed up to be able to write.

12. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Post content deleted by forum Moderator (BW) due to violation of posting guidelines.

13. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    what did i write that was bad?

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You answered your own question. Go against the grain. You're not poor, rich, angry, you don't hate your parents, etc.

15. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    what r u trying to say warwicknut?

16. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I should have kept it on file, but didn't. Also, I don't intend to repeat words I took the time to delete. Please do your best to recall your choice of words and take a look here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forumrules.php

17. write an instrumental. problem solved.

18. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    sorry if i said anything bad,the only thing i can remember saying is butt.but thats not bad,everyone has one.but if i said something worse,im sorry.

19. When I'm angry I write lyrics (not very good ones, but still). It cools me down and songs that you actually put feeling into are much better than writing nonsense.

20. I wrote a really cool song dealing with a 10 year old punk gettin thrown in the slammer for killin a guy

my band thinks its gonna r bands big hit:)