1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i want a jazz and i'll build it!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 24, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i sincerely miss my old jazz bass. so i decided that i'll start to build one. it will be a 4 string traditional jazz bass with j-retro preamp. i use warmoth pics to let you know how the bass will look.

body:
    [​IMG]

neck:
    [​IMG]

3 ply white/black/white pickguard and chrome hardware.

what do you think?

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Are you going to build the bass using Warmoth parts or are you using the pictures as a reference as to what you're going to build your self? Nice combo!!!!! I love the look of the 70's block inlayed necks. Good luck.

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    ciao nino!

i'll build it from woods, i used the warmoth pics to show my idea. i'll post pics when done! it's a shameless attempt to have a bass similar to your lake placid blue sadowsky....oops :D

4. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    OMG Washburn read my mind, I would suggest a black pickguard and pearl inlays instead of those white abalone inlays.

5. Systemofadowner

Systemofadowner

Feb 24, 2002
    Mass
    Great looking guitar. What kind of wood is used for the neck? I would personally leave the pick gaurd out, It's a great finish by it's self.