I want a light show!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tames, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    One rackspace. I want all the flashing, colored LEDs and bars and meters and levels and stuff I can in that space. What are some rack components that I might not need all that much... but look REALLY cool and distract anyone with ADD easily when up on a stage. I'm not just talking about single-color red Korg tuners, either! Please help me out... I want to go completely pointless, yet neat looking!

My favorite color is blue! :D
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Hire a local electronics guy to build you a dummy panel with nothing but LEDs, meters, a few knobs, and silders.

I'm serious - if you've freely admiting to wanting the look and nothing else, why pay for an actual product? God help you and the razzing you'll receive when it's found out to be a fake, though... :rollno:
  4. Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    Why when I could just lie? It's my brand new compressor/limiter/gate/multi-effect/amp modeling/DI/tuner/power conditioner/wireless system.
  5. wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Completely pointless, yet neat looking rack components you say??

Get thee to: www.funklogic.com
  6. Herkimer

Dec 10, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    The guys in my band considered doing this as a business venture. I understand the need. You've spent thousands on your rig and have a rack NEARLY filled with cool stuff. That empty slot is just killing you. We thought we could sell rack fronts with just lights and call them "exhorbitors." We never got any further than the idea, thought. I'm willing to bet it would sell. I know guys who bought furmans just to fill out spaces. The customers are there.
  7. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004