I want a Ric again...but I also want a Spector Euro... I think? ;)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey Guys,
    So fall is here. Which means I'm listening to a bunch of Prog. ( I have seasonal music tastes. :)) So of course I miss my Ric. Or Ric's I have had many. There's just nothing like them. But I would really like to give Spector another go. I had a beautiful black cherry Euro 4 ( You wouldn't believe what I paid for it brand new. Lots of coupons and price matching! ;)) But I stupidly let it go. :( I don't know. I just didn't feel like I bonded with it? Maybe it was the reach in the first position?

Ahhh GAS what a beautiful thing! ;)
    Brent

2. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Bring Back Edit/Delete Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Yes. Buy them.

There is no other way the TB community is permitted to respond to GAS. We are enablers, or we are silent.

3. ^ what he said.

Yes. Buy them.

4. Well unfortunately the $$$$! It has to be one or the other...in other words the dilemma!!! :)
    Not to mention I just looked at the prices on Spector Euros'! Wow! I'm totally kicking myself for selling my recent one.
    Brent

5. NealBass

NealBass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Ontario
    It never ends. I have 2 Rickenbacker 4001's (a 4001CS and a 4001v63) and I still have GAS for a satin black 4001C64S that's up for sale. Why would I possibly need another one? Still.......:nailbiting:

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test...

If you peruse the TB classifieds you'll see several Euro4's and NS4CRFM (the precursor to the Euro4, also made in the Czech Republic). Used Euros are generally pretty reasonably priced.

A few examples still apparently up for sale (no affiliation):

For Sale - SPECTOR EURO4 (early Euro4, all maple like the USA models!)

For Sale - Spector Euro5 LXE (Euro5, but listed it here anyway)

For Sale - Spector Euro 5, US Hazlab, solid maple, 35" scale (another Euro5 - w/ US Hazlabs preamp!)

BrentSimons likes this.
  7. Thank you but I'm on the lookout for a newer one. It looks like they fixed the minor/nit picky issues I found with my older one. ;)
    i.e. threaded screws for the electronics cavity and now a separate battery door! Decisions decisions!
    Thanks for the info!
    Brent

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021