i want a simple pc recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by frankencow150, Nov 21, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i wanna record stuff on my computer but i dont wanna spend any money except how much the program will cost.i wanna record,turn them into mp3's,put them on cd's etc...how do i do this,whats a good cheap program?heres my comp set-up if it helps:

500 mhz
    13 gb(half taken up)
    thats all i can think of but its a good,very fast computer.is this enough to do all that i wrote above?also,where would i hook up my cord up to?
  2. jimothy

Dec 12, 2001
    taylors sc

try n-track, it's super cheap and easy to use, shareware for about $30. check out http://ntrack.com/
  3. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    What do you want to record? If its just you, one or two tracks at a time, you'll need a decent soundcard to input your bass, guitar, vocals, drum machine whatever. If you want to record your band live you'll need at least a digital recorder with simultaneous 8 track recording. Either way, you can then mix it with NTrack.
  4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i havent looked at this post in awhile.well i wanted a drum beat to the music also,that would be cool.anyway cheap way i could record my bass into there and also make drum beats in the computer and add them together?
  5. countless drum sample cds come at £20 odd... to record your bass you'll need a sound card capable of at 16bit recording... your average game card should do this, but it wont do it all that well.

software, cubasis & cakewalk cut-down versions are cheap as... if you buy a soundcard you'll probly get software free.