1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i want a simple pc recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by frankencow150, Nov 21, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i wanna record stuff on my computer but i dont wanna spend any money except how much the program will cost.i wanna record,turn them into mp3's,put them on cd's etc...how do i do this,whats a good cheap program?heres my comp set-up if it helps:

dell
    500 mhz
    13 gb(half taken up)
    thats all i can think of but its a good,very fast computer.is this enough to do all that i wrote above?also,where would i hook up my cord up to?

2. jimothy

jimothy

Dec 12, 2001
    taylors sc
    dude

try n-track, it's super cheap and easy to use, shareware for about $30. check out http://ntrack.com/

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    What do you want to record? If its just you, one or two tracks at a time, you'll need a decent soundcard to input your bass, guitar, vocals, drum machine whatever. If you want to record your band live you'll need at least a digital recorder with simultaneous 8 track recording. Either way, you can then mix it with NTrack.

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i havent looked at this post in awhile.well i wanted a drum beat to the music also,that would be cool.anyway cheap way i could record my bass into there and also make drum beats in the computer and add them together?

5. countless drum sample cds come at £20 odd... to record your bass you'll need a sound card capable of at 16bit recording... your average game card should do this, but it wont do it all that well.

software, cubasis & cakewalk cut-down versions are cheap as... if you buy a soundcard you'll probly get software free.