I want a sober Multi-FX pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Doryan, Aug 12, 2002.

1. I'm looking for a multi-fx pedal, but I don't need something extrovagert. Just to use some subtle fx to have a little variation in my sound for different songs.

I only use a distortion now (wich is actually no effect, right ;) ).

I don't want to depend on the effects, they just must contribute a little bit to perfect my sound.

So extreme units like the V-Bass are out of the question (although I heard some things about it that would make me drool). It just wouldn't be right buying it for the things I want to do with it.
    But I do want a quality unit, to obtain a professional sound, perhaps a rack-unit or so.

Any suggestions for this effects-virgin ?
  2. Korg Toneworks, i've played through one before, i try to stay away from multieffects, but it was on of the best multieffects under $500
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Freaky's right.
    Get a Korg PAndora (small pocket box) or AX-1 B (pedal). THey will get you started. Very easy to use, too.
  4. How about the Pandora PXR4 from Korg.
    Does it has some effects, I'm not looking for much effects.
    The important thing is to proces a quality sound.
    And since I want to work out some solo projects (bass+vocals only) I was wondering if it's a usefull tool and most important, can you use it with bass or is it for guitarists only ?
  5. they make a bass model too, very usefull
  6. I mean the PXR4 digital recording device.

Does this has a bass version ? How's it called ? PXR4 B or something ?

I didn't find information about a bass version.
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

THe PXR-4 works equally on bass & guitar.
    It's basically a small recorder.
    Very nice, but it's not an effect box.
  8. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I know man, all those other efx pedals just need to learn some MODERATION and maybe goto some AA meetings. Damn drunk efx pedals.

Yeah it was bad, anyway

I personally couldn't be happier with my little $70 Zoom 506 II or whatever it is. I basically use it for an active circuit to give my Jazz Bass tons of growl (C3). It also has some neat flangers, choruses, and distortions on it.

Basically, just try some out, see whatcha dig.
  9. Yeah, I realize that.

I'm considering the Pandora. But I'm suspicious. For that less money and it's such a little thing, is it of great quality ?

I'll just have to go try one out I guess.