Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I want a tattoo.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    a bass cleff tattoo, duh. I'll be 18 in december, so why the hell not?

I want it on my calve or my shoulder... but im not totally sure of that.

It isn't going to be big, I only want it to cover a square inch or so... Maybe on my forehead. that would be pretty damned metal...

My mom hates tattoos... Or atleast the idea of me having one. Same thing with my dad... I'm not worried about them knowing I have it, but out of respect for them, I dont want them to have to look at it, so the ability to keep it hidden is something kinda crucial.

I'm probably not going to do anything fancy. A friend suggested doing it with a checkerboard pattern, which I thought was a pretty cool idea. But probably just straight black. Although, a fade from black to blue would be kick ass, too... meh. I have a few months to worry about it.

So ya.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I would get a tattoo of Munji. The irony would be worth it.

3. Everyone should get a tatt of their favourite Tb'er! Mark, you would definitely get Mike tattooed on your forehead, wouldn't you?

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Nah...i'd get a life sized tattoo of myself.. ;) :D

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    FWIW...there was a report on the BBC website last week that the ink used in tattoos causes cancer.

Then again, what doesn't?

6. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    We live in the cell phone generation , i think that cancer wouldn't be the reason not to draw a tattoo or your body.

On the other hand you should be 100% sure that you want this bass clef on your body for the rest of your life (unless you'll have a laser surgery ehich cost a lot and leave a scar on your body).

I have a few tattoos but yet i still take my time and think before i do any new tattoo.
    I also wanted to do the bass clef tattoo but i'm stil ponder with myself if i really want it.

adisu.

7. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    I have a few tats so from experience I suggest to get it where you can see it yourself. If you get it on the back of your shoulder you'll only see it in the mirror and then it's backwards. Tattoos are very addictive. The first one is the hardest because you don't know what to expect and your really nervous and by the way they hurt. Don't listen to anyone who tells you they don't. After care is very important also. Good luck!

8. Get it over your heart. Or wrap the clef around your nip.

My friend Pez has one, and also has an f-hole on his forearm, iirc. They look nice.

PLEASE no checkerboard, that's tacky. :bassist:

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Get one that says "SHOEPOOPER"

brad cook

10. What are you? Nuts??? A BASS CLEF??? What are you going to do if you stop playing bass? Get it altered into a question mark and call yourself The Riddler? It'd be all downhill from there: life of crime, illegitimate children, some caped freak chasing you around and messing up your business. No. Yuo should get something you'll never regret, like your current girlfriend's name in Olde English letters across your stomach.

Mike

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Whatever you do make sure that you put the tatoo where the judge won't see it.

12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I caught this show on A&E last weekend called 'Inked' (the babysitter was watching it, honest! :) ). It was a reality show about a tattoo parlor in Vegas (not the important part). A guy came in and had the eyes of his wife tattooed onto the shoulder part of his upper arm. I thought that was really cool and not as heinously cliche as getting the name tattooed on him.

Hey, if he ever gets divorced at least the eyes can easily be worked into something else instead of someone's name. :)

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I kinda want a tattoo on my wrist of a bass clef like Joe Nerve got. But then again, when i'm old, it's gonna like REAL weird. Old dudes with tattoos scare me.

I could always just Sharpie a bass clef on every morning right?

14. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    you can always find a new girlfriend with the same name.
    http://www.[malware url removed].com/smilies/tongue/tongue0011.gif

15. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    adisu,

Is that 'Crazy Frog' as your user avatar? I found a crazy shockwave animation not too long ago and one of the main characters looks just like your avatar.

16. Wasn't he on one of those Jamster Ringtone commercials too???

17. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I have no idea. I try my best to steer clear of commercials. If I could talk my wife into it I'd get rid of TV altogether.

18. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    You don't know this frog???? :eek:

This is the frog that called bass bumpers and he is from the annoying ringtone/ dance cover for the theme song of beverly hills cop.

look in HERE

Adisu.

19. Yeah, no foolin. I only really enjoy it to watch movies, so I'll rephrase, if I could get the family to give up cable t.v. (since it's a ripoff) it'd be great.

20. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I have a direct link to an .swf version of this video at home. It wasn't on an USA server so figured it was someone's creative expression. The .swf I have is much larger/higher res than the one on your link so maybe the author sold the file to the ringtone people. Guess I gotta get out from under my rock more often cuz I had no idea this was some kinda spokes-frog.