1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I want an HH Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ostinato, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Trans gold, with a maple neck, that is all.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Good man, good man.

3. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Played my first dual pickup ray a week ago and nearly soiled my britches...

I've been to every storer that carries them but that colour must me rare or...something. BTW any heads up on where I can get one would really be great. I haven't had much luck on my own...:bawl:

4. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The trans colors are really something eh? My SR5 is trans orange and it looks nice in artificial light, but get it out into some nataural light and wow, its really something. Trans gold would be gorgeous too.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I hear ya!

Personally, I'm countin' down the months until my 5HH Dargie Delight Stingray arrives . . .

Come on, February!

6. HH rays are sick!

7. OnlyMe

OnlyMe

Feb 16, 2006
    Kontich / Belgium
    I want an HH Stingray, Trans gold, with a maple neck, that is all.

Good for you!!

What's stopping you to place an order? If it's the waiting period, you're just gonna have to accept that. Waiting period on mine they said about 6-8 months! Your patience will be more than rewarded!

8. I'd say the money factor is stopping him from ordering.

9. OnlyMe

OnlyMe

Feb 16, 2006
    Kontich / Belgium
    On their site, I see that The Perfect Bass has one in stock, but it's an HS... if you're willing to settle for that, I'd give them a call.

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The SR5 HH is a wonderful bass, the only drawback I know of is that they can be very heavy. Hold it and play it to see if it is comfortable to you if yoou can.

11. Amen to that!! I am on a quest to find a (at least reasonably) light SR5 HH myself! So far about 12 lbs was the lightest I have found (in a GC no less)...I think about 10lbs is supposed to be light for 1 of them...Fortunately, I am looking for a recording bass so at least I will be able to sit and play....LOL!

Peace,

T

12. 6-8 month waiting period? Wow! I ordered mine last February, and it was 9 weeks as the listed wait time. About right, too. Fantastic instrument. It's not too heavy, and perfectly balanced. All the raves you've read about them are deserved.

BTW, mine is Honeyburst with rosewood fingerboard and matching headstock.

Attached Files:

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mine weighs less than 12. Id put it at no heavier than 11. I'll have to weigh it with a good scale. I ballpark it at 10.5-11

14. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Then buy one. Simple. :)

15. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Who doesn't?

The dual humbuckers are like WHOAMG.

16. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I got one of those green martini-motif SR5 HHs on order, too.

17. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    I guess I'll place an order then...man, I've been looking at a lot of Stingray pics and they ALL look good, don't know what to choose. Then I saw this thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291717

Now the decision is so easy;)

18. La la la la la la la la la

i want one, and a matching fretless,

but;

A) Cant afford one, let alone 2!
    B) I really cant decide on a colour :help:

19. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    There's a trans gold HH on e-bay right now... has a rosewood neck though (not mine, just passing the info)

20. Them HH SRs are somethin' aren't they? I have a single H and HH SR5s with an HS on order. I just may have to order another HS because I played one in Dallas through a rig much like my own and was droooooooling. Gotta love MusicMan. :)