Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I want built a cabinet.....I need help!!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by rodrigo quesof, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Hi members. Would you like to help me with some info?....A friend gave me four speakers (10') and i want to buit the cabinet for my B100 II Yamaha Head, by my own.
    Where i can find the measures, impedance, sizes, etc...?. Do you know a few links about it?...
    Thanks!!!

Quesof, from Chile!!

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hi, and welcome to Talkbass. Even though I realize that you intend to use this amp to amplify a Double Bass, I'd suggest you post the same question again over in the Bass Guitar "AMPS" forum - they've got a lot more tech-heads over on that side than we do down here, and a lot more traffic...for these reasons, you're a lot more likely to get a timely answer up in BG. But don't stay away too long, there's a lot of good info on this side as well.

3. ....I come there and back....Thanks

4. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I did a bit of DIY cabinet building in the past and heres what I learned. With all the time and energy, plus money on parts (wood, covering, wheels, handles, corners, grill cloth, glue, screws.... etc...) I ended up saving very little if any money, and a speaker cabinet that was not as good in sound, structure, or even looks as something I could have bought already made. I'm not saying that it can't be done with better results than I got, but it may be a good idea to think about it and shop around a little before you commit. You can find good deals if you look.

It took me about four home made speaker projects to learn this lesson. I did manage to make a set of monitors that make damn good stereo speakers though.

Kevinlee