I want my Cirrus!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Aug 5, 2004.

1. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've tried meditation, rain dances and minor pooholery, and yet the Cirrus bass I ordered still does not come. Maybe whining about it on TB will help. Curses, cruel fate!
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'll psycho-spiritually send Cirrus GAS soothing thought energies your way...

3. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    How much longer do they estimate it being?

I don't know if I could wait. I'm pissed off at FedEx that it's going to take a week to ship me my new bass as it is, let alone a custom one that would take months!

Just wait, soon as you get it you can make the rest of us jealous :D
  4. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks, Mark!

incog: dealer called me last Sat. morning to inform me that "the first part of August" had been revised to, "they're still saying August, just not the first part." (For those keeping score, the initial estimate of six weeks has turned into a wait that is fast approaching six months) And I'm afraid that folks won't have to be jealous for long, with the Cirrus custom shop set to open. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for that and didn't pursue a custom Cirrus just because I thought it would have one-of-a-kind cachet, but on the other hand I can't help but feel a bit like a guinea pig now that the custom shop has been announced and I still have no bass... :(
  5. WOW! No bass yet? :(

I feel for ya, Secret. I guess some things just take their time, and there's not much we can do about it. :rollno:

I'm still on the fence considering either a Cirrus 5 or a Bongo.

Hang in there, man; it's coming. :)

6. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    A couple years ago my redwood Cirrus 5 fretless developed two strange cracks in the back of the neck near the nut. I returned it to the place I bought it (Gelb Music in Redwood City, CA--great store, great service), who returned it to Peavey. Peavey said it was their fault and would build me another free of charge.

3 months later, I get a call from Ed at Gelb telling me that Peavey was shipping the bass that day. One week later I get a call from Ed telling me that Peavey had indeed shipped the bass...to another store, which promptly sold it! About 2 1/2 months later I did get a beautiful new replacement Cirrus along with a bunch of free swag from Peavey. I was satisfied, but it sure took a long time. Hang in there!
  7. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Interesting feeling about that "guinea pig" concept.
    However, you`d feel like a "Pioneer" since no matter how many Custom Cirri appear in the future, yours will always be the first.

Since it`s taking them so long, why don`t you give`em a call to see if you can "recustomize" something that`s not ready yet ?
    I mean, since you`re a customer (a loyal one) they can`t tell 6 weeks and then 6 months. It`s not very professional.
  8. I hope my fretless Ric i had on order since March comes in first so i can gloat :D

Just kidding...waiting sucks...i dunno how people do it. :(
  9. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm just a tad frustrated and venting. If the bass shows up tomorrow all thoughts of being a guinea pig (or cuy? Same animal, different metaphor) will pass. ;)

Funny you should mention the "recustomization." When I saw that black hardware would be available, I thought about calling my dealer about that. I'm not really that picky about hardware color though, and don't want to complicate things any further...

10. I'm with ya! I can't wait to get mine! I should be able to pay it off in 2 weeks or so (fingers crossed)