1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I want my through neck bass converted into a fretless

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DazzMusik, Jan 16, 2013.

1. anyone know where i can get my 5 string dean edge pro 5 converted into a fretless bass
    its a through neck so im waaaay too afraid to do it myself because theres no coming back from a terrible mistake and i love this bass, i have others but this is my baby and i want her to be a fretless now to get the perfect tone for me. shes great now but frets prevent alot of tricks i can do on a fretless like getting that "between the notes" tension and so on.
    but anyway i would love to know if anyone know someone in the NYC area who can do such a task and not destroy my bass
    i also want the neck to be smooth and not "sticky" for lack of a better term. just like it is now...just no frets.

2. mr.black

mr.black

Mar 4, 2008
    new666jersey
    there are so many places that would do a super nice job. but since your in engelwood i searched near you and kellycustominstruments.com i NEVER USED them but they (according to their website) fix some extremely knarley damage so a de-fret should be a breeze for them. and it close so you can check them out first.

3. Thanks so much man, how'd you find them?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021