I want smooth strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DirkLanceFan, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. DirkLanceFan

    DirkLanceFan Guest

    May 8, 2003
    Dallas, Tx, USA
    I've been looking for some smooth strings. My friends dad had some on his bass but I didnt get the full name of the set, and it sux bcuz they moved. He said it was from Fender(20$) there were no wound it, it was straight smooth. does anyone know these strings???? or know any other strings that are super smooth with no wound on it? :help: :bassist:
  2. Trevorus


    Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    flatwounds is what they are called.
  3. They are called Flatwounds and are made by each of these companies...I think you are talking about the Fender 9050 Stainless Flatwound Bass Strings.



    Heres a photo showing you the different types of strings and a brief explanation as to how they each get their name!

    Hope this helps!