1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I want this Fortress BAD!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LifeIsBass, Oct 29, 2006.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/Warwick-German-Fortress-One-5-String-Wenge-Neck-Bag_W0QQitemZ110049076362QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I love the way Fortresses look! I love this green! Wenge neck! Of course I'm a Warwick kinda guy anyway, I already have a Thumb. Man, I wish Warwick would bring the Fortress back in production. Yeah, I know they have the Rockbass models, but they're not the same.

Any of you guys have any experience with these basses? Comments? Post pics of your Fortress! Sound clips? I think I've heard a couple of these before and I remember them sounding very Warwick-ish but how do they compare in tone to Thumbs or Corvettes?

2. tribal3140

tribal3140 Inactive

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    if this was a MM
    the auction would be over.

do it, NOW!

96 was a prime year and no warwick is as sought after than the fortress and fortress MM
    between 94-96
    and $700 is a steal
    I like the green too

I have 2, 95' MM's
    and love them Unlike any other bass

3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    The Fortress body style IS available in the warwick custom shop. Which is the way you would go anyway if you wanted a wenge neck.

4. lowstar

lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    Schnitzelland
    i had a fantastic fortress 5er in red once...together with the dark wenge neck, the beautiful red tigerstripe maple body looked like blackforest cake...
    ...stupid was i to sell it.
    it was the passive J/J version. had a great sound. at that time, i thought the string spacing was too narrow for me. playability was perfect.

so, get it !

cheers,
    lowstar

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021