1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I want this

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godheads_Lament, Dec 8, 2006.

1. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Nice bass. That is an early one, when they had the guts from the dynabass. The later ones went to a wider pickup, almost like the cirus has, as well as a 4 hole, 2 stacked knob arrangement. Volume, blend each on their own, then bass/treble, and mid/freq on two stacked. Methinx $665 is a little high for that bass though. I've seen them go for under 500.

2. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    I don't blame you for wanting that, it looks very nice. Lately, I've been wanting something BLUE, I realized I've never had anything in that color family, so I've been looking at just about every blue bass I've seen. Weird, I know.

3. 8guy

8guy

Jun 19, 2005
    Madison WI
    If you can afford it its a fantastic Bass. You might want to consider switing out the preamp, It can be a bit noisey but other than that I have nothing but high praise for that bass.

If I had the money Id beat you to it and have one off those wounderfel basses again.

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Hm...I don't like it much. Not my kinda thing.

5. Not weird at all. Im the same, i really want my next bass to be blue. I love the blue finish with the gold hardware thats what really got me with this one.

6. BassMorpheus

BassMorpheus Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2004
    The Crescent City/NOLA
    Just a tad on the high side!

:eyebrow:

Good Luck w/ the sale

7. Cool bass - sort of a Ken Smith meets Alembic look.

I agree, that's a bit pricey compared to comparable instruments. Even the Kawai F2-B's don't average out quite that high. But, if it's THE bass for you - go for it.:bassist: