Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EString, Jan 10, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    me like,me like!the color is awesome,the shape is awesome,and the pickguard is awesome,but weird-shaped,but me like!
  2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Ah, the RD Artist... I haven't seen a picture of one of them, in a while.

My friend Doug loves them, then again, he loves all Gibson's. I've never actually tried one, so I can't comment.
  3. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Looks really nice. It does seem a bit overpriced but I wouldnt know about Gibsons anyway.
  4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    oh, those things are god awful ugly. i cant say wether or not they play good or even sound good but i think the looks of those things would sway any buyers desicioin.
  5. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The looks DID sway my decision:

to YES!
  6. I don't know who the big "star" is that is playing these now. I am guessing there must be someone because about a year ago you could get one of these in great shape for around $500
  7. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Krist Novoselic used to play one back when Nirvana was still around.
  8. SystemofatooL

Dec 15, 2001
    yeah, i agree
  9. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    I love it. Don't let it get away.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is sweet! I would rather have the butterscotch natural, but I would take that one.

The only reason that I can think of that the bass is a little high is because it looks to be in very good shape, for a 24 year old instrument.

11. embellisher

Here is a butterscotch, but it's kind of beat up. But I would take any of them, as long as the preamp works, and the neck has never been repaired. Did I mention that they are the best sounding heavy rock bass ever made?:D

12. Why doesn't Gibson make cool basses like that anymore?......aside from the fact they didn't sell. I really don't like the look of les paul basses, it seems like such a sacrelige to me.
  13. A store near me had an RD Artist on their website that was a really nice looking lighter sunburst with cream binding (I think I remember reading that this was a more rare color scheme). It was selling for 650 or so and looked nice in the picture. I got out to the store as soon as I could only to find it had been sold 2 days earlier. I would've loved to have been able to play that bass.
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    No kiddin'.

Still, I'd take that over a BC Rich any day.
  16. embellisher

Ain't that the truth! You guys may not like how the RD looks, but if you ever heard one, you would understand what we are on about!