Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I WANT TO BE A GOOD BASSIST

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by carlo, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlo

carlo

Feb 29, 2004
    i'm new in playing the bass guitar.

what are the first things that i should learn about basses. i want to learn the basic techniques, concepts, and anything that will help me in practice.

2. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    This has been covered before..use the search function and the newbie threads.

First off, get a teacher. Perhaps some kind of beginner book can help you too. The most important thing in the beginning is that you get a decent fundamental technique, so you don't hurt yourself playing...

/lovebown

3. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    i think before everything buy a metronome if you dont have and spend your all days with it

4. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    yes, a metronome is essential. hell i'm considering buying an in ear one and walking to it.

5. The Marphy

The Marphy

Mar 19, 2004
    Firstly, download the fret positions for the bass.

Secondly, play the music you love.

Thirdly, practice, practice, practice.

Finally, never lose your love of music.

Regards
    Paul

6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Hi carlo, welcome to TB!

There are many threads on this board that can help you along your bass playing journey.
    Please thumb through the site to try to find your answers. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, then feel free to post your question.

As Lovebrown stated, your question has been asked many times over, so I'm closing this thread.

Have fun,
    Joe....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.