1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I want to biamp an Eden...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I have a 210MBX cab, and I want to use the biamp capability of my GK head. What i was planning on doing was hooking up a 4 pin speakon, with low side to -1/+1 and highs hooked thru the protection curcuit on -2/2+... Anyone have any suggestions? I like to be able to cut highs easily at my church, because it always seems bright there.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Doesn't the 210MBX have a horn attenuation knob. My 210XLT has. If do, just turn down the horn.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I don't think reaching around behind your rig during a set would be considered being "able to cut highs easily." :D

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i'd definitely call eden on this 1st - it's not likley that the crossover point in your head is as high as the crossover point in the cabinet and that could be a major issue

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Thanks for the advice. I may just fiddle with my rig a bit. I have opened up the tweeter a bit, but cut highs on the amp, and I think I like the effect better. What I would like to try is a different material on the tweeter. Textile dome tweeters aren't as harsh as plasticene, or metal. Course, I may just fiddle around with my sansamp some more too.