Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I want to biamp an Eden...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I have a 210MBX cab, and I want to use the biamp capability of my GK head. What i was planning on doing was hooking up a 4 pin speakon, with low side to -1/+1 and highs hooked thru the protection curcuit on -2/2+... Anyone have any suggestions? I like to be able to cut highs easily at my church, because it always seems bright there.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Doesn't the 210MBX have a horn attenuation knob. My 210XLT has. If do, just turn down the horn.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I don't think reaching around behind your rig during a set would be considered being "able to cut highs easily." :D

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i'd definitely call eden on this 1st - it's not likley that the crossover point in your head is as high as the crossover point in the cabinet and that could be a major issue

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Thanks for the advice. I may just fiddle with my rig a bit. I have opened up the tweeter a bit, but cut highs on the amp, and I think I like the effect better. What I would like to try is a different material on the tweeter. Textile dome tweeters aren't as harsh as plasticene, or metal. Course, I may just fiddle around with my sansamp some more too.