Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I want to buy a new bass, can help me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pak, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Pak

Pak

Nov 14, 2004
    Hi all,

i play bass guitar 2years ago, and have not good technic,
    my band said my IBANEZ EDC700 sound not thick, is too treble, could not make a band sound background :bawl:

so, now i want to buy a new bass, my target is
    Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass :)
    is this good? i need 4-strings~ :smug:

hearsay Fender active pickup is not good~ really? :eyebrow:
    and i play the other bass Fender Standard Jazz Bass,
    the sound was not big different by American Deluxe (i think is myself problem :ninja: ),
    and the price was cheap a half :D ,

how can i choice? thank you

:rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

2. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    I say if they arent too different to you, go for the Standard, then you can get new upgrade pickups, etc., if you want.

If you have a high budget, another good way to go his custom, or a Rickenbacker.

3. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    well if your technique is not good yet and you cant tell the difference ..well the standard jazz bass should be great for you and when your technique develops then you might want to spend your extra dollars on something different .

One thing..on the cash saved get a graphic eq to bring up the low tones..even the most ****e bass (although i have never played the guitar you mention) should be able to supply some bottom end with the right eq and maybe its your amp thats lacking in the eq dept.

what is your amp by the way?

on a search for that bass a lot of people rate them!!

4. Pak

Pak

Nov 14, 2004
    My bass amp is
    Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II Head + ABM 410T Cabinet

i goto musicshop before and test them,
    Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass the touching & feeling so good, handiwork is great!!!
    so i think its worth~

Ask Mr Basroil:
    Fender using what pickups is good?
    and i haven't to test Rickenbacker, because its over my budget so much :crying: :crying: :crying:

My budget have around $1,300 US dollar only. :bawl:

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

With US$1300 you can get a 4-string HHP MusicMan Bongo and you'll have a hell of an axe. :bassist:

6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'd go with the Bongo as well. Never personally played one, but i've heard nothing but good reviews.

Mark

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If you like how Bongos look, go for it.

Id go for a Lakland 44-02, though. Itd probably be more similiar to the jazz than a Bongo would.

8. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Stock pickups. Though you can get a even better sound if you change them to Basslines or D'Marzzios, but its not necessary. As some others said, a Bongo is a great choice, if you like the shape. A Warwick or Lakland are also good chouices. Any of the basses mentoined are great choices and will definatley suit your needs.