i want to buy a new bass >> can't choose

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by C//LiMBa, Jul 2, 2002.

1. for the moment i'm playing on an iBanez TR70, she sucks! So I'm looking for a new one! She must be lite, thin neck, cool looking, not too many buttons and below $600. Wich model/brand do you guys recommend? With my band I play something between punk and metal (no nu-metal) but I also like to play more funky bass-tunes!
  2. Listen

May 19, 2002
    I suggest Fender Jazz Bass, but most people here would say P-bass, but I know of a ton of bands who use J-basses who play punk and metal.
  3. you mean:

and P-Bass:

And what about a Yamaha?
  4. Reverend Rumblefish!! It's lightweight, with a perfect neck, three knobs, and it is definitely cool looking. As far as price, new ones are $699 direct, but you can get a gently used one for much less. It's a great take on the Jazz bass, but it has more balls than any passive J- or J-style bass I've ever played.
    Check eBay and elsewhere on the 'net for used ones, they pop up fairly often. There's a 5-string on eBay right now.
  5. Listen

May 19, 2002
    Those are vintage, I meant standard
  6. i need a 4-string :)
    can you post a picture/url?

and what about this one? looks cool:
    url: Gibson SG-Z
  7. They make 4-strings! There's one for sale at http://www.coolbasses.com
    It's a pretty early one.
  8. lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    sweet... that rumblefish is damn sweet...
  9. i dont like the look :) i like the gibson more!!!
  10. Listen

May 19, 2002
  11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  12. Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    If you go more on looks then sound, you will be very dissapointed in the long run. IMHO, I would take a rumblefish bass over a gibson...
  14. murdoc665

murdoc665 Guest

Jul 2, 2002
    indiana us
    i have a jay turser they are a modern classic look i got mine for 116 from ebay you can get one new off of jayturser.com for 300ish
  15. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Yeah that rumblefish is really ugly, I say get the Jazz and a little effects pedal to give you an active punch (I use a certain setting on my zoom 506 II that gives the jazz that active growl, I love it). Or you could save up 200 more bux and get a stingray, can't go wrong with a stingray for metal and punk.
  16. How 'bout an Ibanez SR400.. I love mine.. is not too expensive.. has very good tone (I really love mine's).. Has a thin neck but with enough room for slapping..
  17. i think i've made a decision, it's gonna be a Warwick RockBass Corvette Basic 4-String Blue because i've never heard anything bad about warwick and also the price is verrrry nice (less than $500)
    if anybody disagrees with my choice, please tell me, i'm going to order it within a week (then i've got money :D )
    thanx a lot duderinos

Musician's Friends link

sum horny pics :D :
  18. Ibanez EDA 900 -- funky looking, great tone, light, thin neck, fast fretboard.
  19. Warwicks are great, but that is not a warwick. The thing that makes warwicks special are the woos and the brass frets, ans the rockbass has basic woods an regular frets. You could get a Streamer STD wich is the bottom of the line warwick, but still gets the growl (and still has the exotic woods and brss frets). Its not as good as the expensive warwicks, but itsstill good and it beats the pants of the rockbasses.