I want to die.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, Jun 2, 2005.

1. I severely bruised my hand last Friday, in a struggle with my wardrobe and so was a bit worried about the gig last night...I arranged for another sit-in bassist to be ready if my hand gave up the ghost.

I play five string, and the sit-in guy doesn't, so I told him to bring a 4 string with him.

He brought a black '66 P bass in original condition.

It was quite simply the best bass I have ever played in my life. Ever.

The tone was richly complex...with all the mature texture that you expect from a good P bass. From the fruity bass to delicate highs that bass sounded real. My 5 string sounded like an Ibanez in comparison.

The neck was sweet. Playability first rate.

And the b****** refused to sell me the bass. I can not rest till I have made it mine. I am in love. Very much in love. And it will forever be unrequited.
  2. Perhaps if he were to die in some sort of 'accident'?

You could just keep throwing money at him until he gives in. :p
  3. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Have you ever heard of the "Reasoning by Baseball Bat" seminar? :D

All you can do is ogle her from afar and hope that one day, he'll find another love.
  5. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Maybe if he were to "lose" the bass somehow? :ninja:

Just joking.

You could always go online and see if there's another black '66 Pbass in orig. condition.....do it the legal way I guess.

Greets from Colorado everyone,

Oog :cool:
  6. Which way do you prefer I kill you? I can go either way :D

7. Yeh, I don't quite get tha either....

Dude, Alchahol+Him+Ugly person+you with camera+ his workmates= Bass
  8. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It’s obviously a Assassin Moose, trained in the deadly arts of grazing, butting, and the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. :ninja:

Do you have any idea how hard it is to do that with hooves? :smug:
  9. Death by moose sounds cool.

Another black, original '66 might not be a good bass. I have played many 60s Fenders and dogs abound just as with any other decade.
  10. A) was your 5 String an Ibanez

B) nout wrong with ibanez's, just give one 40 years for its wood to rot and im sure it'll sound the same as that :smug: :bag:
  11. I know some people, who know some people, who rob some people.

seriosly though i'd arange for a comedy moment to happen to him. like a piano or anvil landing on his head, or the old get him to follow you of the edge of a cliff then tell him to look down trick. dont worry you wont fall unless you look down roadrunner does it all the time, i've seen him do it.

**note to self, dont look down next time**
    **note to self, stop writting notes to self, because people are starting to think your strange**
    **note to self, scrub that last one**

if all else fails kick him in the nuts grab it and run like a little girl as fast as you can.
  12. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Bit of advice on Turkish prisons...don't drop the soap.
  13. Get a black squier P, and swap them, hope he doesnt notice, well, for at least about 10 seconds which is long enough for you to be out the door on a taxi to your plane to mexico
  14. pdusen

Aug 18, 2004

15. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    One look at that moose and the bass is yours....specially if it's around mating season......ouch!!! :eek:
  16. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Wardrobe malfunction? :smug:
  17. Unlike US prisons, all that happens if you drop the soap in Turkey is that someone steals it.
  18. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    It's probably not much better than being humped to death by a moose but...you could start hitting guitar shows and buy yourself a nice old fender. They're not all THAT hard to find.