1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I want to get a New Bass and i have this 4 options, please give your opinion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Alberto Galindo, May 14, 2019.

1. Mxr Bass DI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Aguilar Tone Hammer

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Tc electronic Spectra Drive

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Tech 21 Sans amp

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Alberto Galindo

Alberto Galindo

Jul 30, 2018
    Cali
    Hi fellow bass players, i am want to buy a new Bass DI, so i ask you guys to please give me your opinion about this four options, my budget is between 200 and 250 dollars (The Aguilar tone hammer which is the most expensive of this four cost 250 dollars brand new on Amazon). I play many genres but mostly Jazz, Funk and R&B (I like to slap a lot).Thanks in advance for your kind attention.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Zbysek likes this.
  3. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What kind of music are you playing? What kind of bass, amp and cabinet? Finger style or pick? What are you looking for tonally?

4. Alberto Galindo

Alberto Galindo

Jul 30, 2018
    Cali
    Hi, I play many genres but Jazz is my main thing, i play with my fingers and i also like to slap a lot , my amp is a fender rumble 500, my mains bass is a Yamaha TRBX605 and tonally well, i like Marcus Miller tone but before you write that i should get a Fender 70´s Jazz bass, i do not like Jazz basses (or P basses) and the reason is that those models do not have 24 frets, you known i learned to play on a 24 frets bass and i feel limited on a bass with less frets. Of this 4 pedals the Spectra drive caught my attention for the included compressor but i am not so sure about it, i have always listened great things about the Sans amp and the Aguilar tone hammer, that is why i ask for your opinion.

5. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    A used GL Plex?

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Broughton Messenger Preamp

blindrabbit likes this.
  7. First answer a few more questions:
    Why limited to those 4 choices?
    What are you [not] getting from your current set up that you want to improve or replace with the preamp?
    Is it something you want all the time or is it something you want for a few songs as an effect?
    Do you need a DI or does the one on your amp serve your needs?
    Are you planning on going amplless for live or recording needing a speaker sim or dedicated DI?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021