I want to get a tattoo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by whitedk57, Mar 8, 2006.

1. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I want to get a tattoo of something bass-related. Does anybody have any cool pics or ideas?
  2. Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    the bass clef has a pretty cool shape, you could easily incorporate into one of those tribal type designs. or put it in a stylized sun. i'd say try drawing up some sketches of various ideas. or search for tattoos on google images, find something you like first
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    This was actually done about a year ago IIRC. My design that I'm gonna get (depending on if i get kicked out of the house for it or not...figuring that out next weekend) is the standard notation for the first bar of the higher ground bassline in my own handwriting without the staff lines.

take my idea and suffer my wrath :ninja: ;)
  4. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    How about that
    "we dont want any treble" logo that is found in the TB Store?
  5. Bass cleft on the wrist always appealed to me.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I was thinking about getting a Bass Cleff on the back of my neck in a celtic design for my birthday next month.
  7. aside from playing for 10 years, i've been tattooing for 3. and my buddies at the shop have done alot of work on me. all my designs, and better yet, all free.

i've got a giant alligator playing upright bass, and a big glowing F-hole with flames coming out of it. and my skin has a wood grain texture around the F-hole. they both wrap all the way around my forearm. man the elbow is tender!
  8. need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
  9. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Consider this: the coolest tattoo I've ever seen, and living out here you gotta believe I've seen some rather impressive ones... especially the Polynesian kind...

...I saw a dude with a lobster tattoo! The head was up on his shoulder, the claws- one going up and along his chest (over the pectoral muscle area), the other up along the upper back... while the body and tail went down alongside his upper arm, then ended about mid-forearm. Beautiful artwork (it was done with dark ink... no color...). The dude was a local guy, so he had brown-tone skin, and he was definitely in shape...

...while I've never considered a tattoo for myself, I often think of that lobster one, and I've told myself that would be the one, if I ever lose my mind and go for a tattoo... I'm a white guy, so I'd have to go for a red Maine lobster... :D
  10. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I've got a good idea, but I'm not giving it up in case I end up getting it. sorry :bag:

11. I like the idea of a bass clef. Just a simple one for me, I think. I'm not a fancy design kind of guy. I'm definitely keeping it in mind for the future.
  12. in your other post you said you was in your mid life crisis phase. i know your old enough but dont do something you might regret. i know your new to bass but what if after awhile you say this aint for me, then you will always have that as a reminder. as for a tatoo nothin says bass more than a rickenbacker. good luck.
  13. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Here is mine, I got it on a whim almost two years ago. I had the idea in my head for a while, but it's just a twist on the normal bass clef.

14. Don't do it! :scowl:

Madame boring here... but hey... everyone's got tattoos...they don't make you look 'different' and once you've got them you're pretty much stuck with them...

I've got friends who're now stuck with symbols of their youth on their bodies they'd really rather not have anymore.

Also, in particular, I think mens arms are a very sexy looking part of the body. By covering them in ink, you don't see the curves and lines in the same way. Naked natural skin. That's best of all! :eek:
    .... ooh er! I'm getting hot and bothered now. I'd better get off to bed with my hot chocolate!
  15. Blue_Bass421

Mar 3, 2006
    I'm getting a bass related tattoo. It will be my fifth. However I won't give you my idea till I've had it done. Sorry. When I get it done I will post a pic.
  16. Get one of Skeeter that says "Skeeter Sucks too"
  17. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm getting a basic one on the inside of my wrist. Pretty sure it'll be on the left one (easily covered for jobs with a larger watch/wristband etc).

Then getting the gemini sign on the back of my neck :)
  18. I'm getting a full-body tatoo of myself, only taller.

19. You're a real man! I could handle having pain all over my body, but pain above and below me as well? No thanks!