1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I want to hear your music dreams/goals

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stingray5dude, Mar 31, 2009.

1. stingray5dude

stingray5dude

Jun 18, 2007
    So what is everyones musical dreams/goals? We all know how hard it can be in the music industry, but let's have a thread that people can share their aspirations and dreams. No negatives please.
    What I want the most is to be creatively involved in an album that will stand the test of time. Something amazing that will played for decades to come and be as well known as titles such as : ok computer, what's the story morning glory, Zeppelin 4, the Joshua tree, aenima etc.
    That is what I strive for.
    And you?

2. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    Same as you: immortality (artistically speaking). I want my message (call it album, call it song, etc) to be known by the further generations. I'm not sayin that it has to be as famous as Zep's IV, just to be known by someone, somewhere.

In fact, I prefer myself those rare treasures that not too many people know. I would like to be one of those rare treasures.

Nice thread, though.

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I just want to play. I'm not picky who's listening and who's not, who's watching and who's not, I love making music, that's all.

4. I'd like to go on at least a week or two week long tour, nothing huge. Or at least go out for 3-4 day mini "tours" once a month.

I'd like to have my band release a CD or two that isn't just a home-made packaging/burnt CD-R demo.

I want to keep things as DIY as possible.

Other than that, I don't really care. I'd be happy sleeping in a van having just enough money for gas and a bit of food. Hell, I'm happy right now with my band just playing a couple shows a month. Can't complain. :bassist:

5. Mike151

Mike151

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    I just want to play, have fun, and perform with minimal drama.

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Still a very young looking 49. But the rock gig won't last forever so I am at this time learning to read music so that I can transform my craft to other music gigs after the bar scene.

My dream is to be as versatile as possible and deliver pro results on any gig I play.

Heck, if I'm playing 'Pink' songs in the rock band now, I can suffer any kind of music-job that comes along.

7. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Ideally, I'd like to have a career that allows me to support myself solely through music. I hope to be recording/playing for the rest of my life.

8. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    I prefer jamming to doing anything else with my bass, so I hope someday to be able to create a funktastic bassline out of nothing at will.

9. Finish some originals and play out for fun. Maybe try to get into SXSW. My career is more important to me at this stage in my life.