Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i want to know about adding an l-pad attenuator to my cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lovepump69, Apr 3, 2005.

1. lovepump69

lovepump69

Dec 14, 2004
    springfield MO
    a have an ashdown 2-10 and was wondering if i could add an attenuator to the tweeter, and also where i would get such an item , and which one everyone would suggest. i dont want to cut the cab i just want to kind of have it hanging out the back.

2. Get it from Parts Express, www.partsexpress.com , they even have diagrams showing how to hook it up.

Install it correctly though, it's not that big a deal to mount it...it'll probably get ripped out if you've got it hanging out the back of the cab, plus it'll look like crap--and make you look bad in the process. Do it right.

3. lovepump69

lovepump69

Dec 14, 2004
    springfield MO
    which on should i choose my head puts out 300 watts rms 500 peak........ i dont know how much of that is going to my tweeter.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    probably not much at all. a phone call to the manufacturer and asking to talk to a tech should get you the amount of watts going to the tweet. then you can make an intelligent choice.