Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i want to learn

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by RAWB, Mar 19, 2002.

1. RAWB

RAWB

Mar 19, 2002
    Hey everyone. I've been playing bass for about 4 years now and I still have absolutley no knowledge on theory or technique behind playing. What I mainly do is get tabs and figure out songs from there. I have fun doing this but I am also getting bored and I need some new motivation to keep playing. I feel pretty comfortable with the bass by now but I would like to learn some of the theory behind it. If anyone could refer me to some sort of insrtuction or web page on the internet that would be great. I'm not really looking to learn every detail, just the basics so I kinda know what's actually going on when I'm playing. I usually play fast, aggressive songs so I feel more comfortable playing with a pic. If anyone could help me out that would be good.

Thanks,
    RAWB

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Try getting a teacher. I have been playing 20 years and had a lesson over the weekend. I now have specific goals and knowledge to achieve them.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You want to learn?

Go to General Instruction!

buh-bye.