1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I want to make left-handed.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ramoness, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Ramoness

Ramoness

Mar 21, 2011
    I wanna my make my right-handed bass to left-handed.

So I just restrung upside down.

I wanted to play it for only practice so I didn't change

the bridge, nut, and others. how should I do?

I don't care about a little buzzing or noise...

2. I've done this all hella-DIY for a friend in a bind...

1. I pryed the nut off (which actually came off easily) and put it on 'the other way'.

2. i removed the strap screw on the upper horn and put it on the 'lower horn'.

Done.

I've done this for both a MiM Fender Jazz, and a Danelectro DC Bass. Just watch out for the controls and you're good.

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I think your saying you took your righthanded bass restrung it and play it lefty correct?
    I have used flipped rightys for years along side my leftys...you want my opinion?

there is no issues with flipping a nut or you just buy a lefty nut for it and if the bridge saddles are not grooved for each size of string there is nothing else you have to do.

what kind of bass is it because now that the knobs are on the top you may hit them and will have to alter your hand position to keep them out of the way, AND if you play high up past the 12th fret a lot your not going to be able to using a flipped bass, as well as the strap pin will have to be relocated to the plate, and you'll have neck-dive from hell.

my final point?
    since it is used for practice only, it don't really matter but I would sell that thing and go buy a cheap 100.00 lefty dude ;)

4. Rondo Music Left Handed Bass Guitars

Ta-Daaaaa!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021