1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I want to rescue a T-20 but I can't

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    A local pawn shop has one that's been out for a very long time. It looks terrible. Someone spray painted it and then intentionally sprayed red on top and let it run (I guess it's supposed to be blood.) The pickguard was painted dull silver. Thankfully, they didn't paint the neck. They wanted 300.00 for it. It's been reduced to 225.00. I made an offer of 75.00 but they scoffed.

The body would need to be stripped but I picture myself applying a "surfer girl" finish if it did happen. That poor lonely and abused bass!
  2. I think your offer is right inline.
    Obviously, they think they have a rare treasure.

If it collects dust and takes up space for a few years,
    they my be less proud of it.
  3. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    @Stinsok ....pawn shops have been putting "Buy It Now" prices on stuff since they discovered epay. The instruments in my area are ridiculously high and they rarely come off the price.
    BurnOut and Oren Hudson like this.
  4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    $225 would be a pretty good deal if it didn't need the work. Chances are there are other issues with it too. :rollno:
  5. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    We have a local pawn shop with lots of cool gear. He's has everything priced high and will not deal at all. Floods our CL with the same stuff week after week. It's pretty much just museum. The same instruments have been in there for years. I doubt he paid a third of what he's asking. Hard headed insanity.
    mech likes this.