Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I want to see pix of your Warriors

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j-raj, Jan 25, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I'm interested in seeing pix of other TB'er's Warrior basses... here is mine, as if I haven't posted it enough... I guess I'm just excited to have a new ax...

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Sweet bass, j-rai. I look forward to checking it out. Normally, I don't like that Warrior pickguard style, but with the blue finish, and the maple 'board, I think it looks pretty damn cool.

[​IMG]

3. Very nice looking bass! I love high end basses that look nice without looking like a piece of furniture. The blue transparent finish looks amazing. I wish I had a Warrior:( . . . do they play and sound as nice as they look?

4. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Bassmonkeee,

Yeah it beats the 'Wish bass' out of the water... with 4 strings tied behind it's back... Actually I really am not a pick guard cat, except for J and P's.... but this really grabbed me with the tone and the asymetrical (sp?) neck is comfy like a nice couch... be my guest, check it out one of these days, for yourself.

The Maple fingerboard with the dark Mahogany/Purpleheart/Mahogany neck is a hip contrast... Just like the NY Guitar and Bass Bouty-Q Elrick that Jimmy Coppola has out there...

Kraig99,

Thank you for the compliment... If you really wish you had a Warrior, send me a PM and I'll put you in touch some cats that could help... their gallery is right down the street from my apt

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    :eek:

I think I'm in LOVE. That is hands down one of the coolest basses I've seen in a long time. It's got a Pedulla Rapture vibe to it, and I actually like the way the pickgaurd contrasts the blue top. Not sure about that gold uh, "Sticker" thing next to the bridge, but that is one hell of a nice looking bass.

I'm jealous.

:D

6. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Brendan,

Yeah it does have that pedulla rapture vibe to it.... but IMHO sounds a hell of a lot better than one. I'm a big Bolt on fan, and this is real solid.

The color and the finish is very well done, as mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of Pick guards (cause IMO picks are for kids)... but this one looks beautiful and the tone is like a bullet proof Fender Jazzbass!

"...Not sure about that gold uh, "Sticker" thing..." **Well it isn't a sticker, it is a gold inset 'mini plaque' denoting that it is the '100th anniversary of NAMM limited edition' bass... it actually is real cool if you can see it up close. It is a like a beauiful gold coin mounted flush in the body of the bass.

Thank you for the compliment,

7. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Thank Y'all for the compliments..... But I'm really looking for other cats that have Warriors.

For example, I would like to Jauqo III X to send some pix... cause I know that cat has a bunch of them.

8. I couldn't resist.

He-man! Everyone's favorite Warrior!
    [​IMG]

9. I usually hate the looks of Warriors but that one is beautiful!

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hey! j-raj that bass is a very nice instrument.I played a while ago talk about punch.I don't have pics that I can post but visit my site and there are a few.Im waiting on my 4 string Warrior,I should have it in a couple of weeks.and if you do a search on TB there should be a couple.

11. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    jodathmorr,

You are too cool.... I was actually waiting for a cat to send that one too. He Man rocks... especially because he owned that Green and Orange striped Tiger ... That totally is the 'key to the highway'!

seapickle,

See... even bass companies that you might usually be swayed from, can surprise you... For Example, Peavey. They really surprized me with the new series of basses (i.e. cirrus)...

JAUQO III-X,

Yeah man!!! There you are. Could I post a couple of pics from your website? that 15 string is 'something else' the 8 sting is the bomb too...

I met you at NAMM Nashvegas, @ the Warrior booth... Then later that evening David Tunkel and I went to that Dave Pomeroy Bass orch thang. I think that you attended that party too...

How are things going?

thanks again y'all

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

j-raj
    go right ahead.and Im doing just fine a little busy here and there.but Im not one to complain.

13. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I love threads like these!!:D
    [​IMG]

14. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Adrian Juras,

Man... That is a beautiful Warrior 6 Sig, right? Thank you for putting that up here...

JAUQO III-X,

Thank you for your permission to put these pics up from the site.... Glad to hear that things are going well... How's your group doing? When the 4 string going to be done?

All the best my friends

15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Here is another JAUQO III-X Bass...

16. They're not my basses but they are my pics ... from last year's NAMM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Dave

17. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Dave Grossman,

Drool... wipe... Drool (again).....

That is why JD's a hip cat... I saw Bill Dickens wander over to the Warrior booth last Summer and pick up a 9 string like that... and it floored us all.

There is this one guy out in Cali (hope he is a TB'er) Jean Baulden (sp?) that has three nine string basses and one of them is a Warrior... two are Conklins. If any one knows him... man, I got to chat with him again... Forward me his info in a PM. From what I remember he used to be in a group called Nuclear Rabbit (JT turned me on to him) or Element of Surprise (E:OS).

Great pic Dave, thx!!

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    hey j-raj the 4 string is finished,it just needs a final fret dressing.it didn't make the NAMM show.like I said I should have it in a couple of weeks.

19. Thanks.

Element of Surprise is kaput. However, Nuclear Rabbit is getting back together:

http://www.craigslist.org/sfo/sfc/muc/8116406.html

I never did get to see E:OS. I really wanted to.

I'm sure you can find his e-mail online somewhere.

- Dave

20. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    Heres a pic of mine,its been my main axe for two years,1997 standard plus 5:D