1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I want you to hear this and tell me what it is.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by paganjack, Sep 16, 2010.

1. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just moved, so I'm currently without a band. That means I spend time writing, recording and producing my own music. I don't know how to label it though. I guess it might be industrial? Is that the right label? It's not fully metal for sure, but it's not straight up electro either. I'm admittedly not up on this stuff. :help:

My soundcloud page Definitely listen to "Can you dance?" and "Room mover." Then tell me what you think of it, and what you would call it! Any feedback is appreciated!

2. Room mover is real cool, reminds me of a Faint song. That electric heavy dance sound. What kind of equipment do you use for all the extra sounds? Irvine isn't really that far from me, I'm in SD.

3. that is a really cool sound

4. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks! I really like the Faint, so I guess I gravitate towards that sometimes. Mostly I'm just using my jazz bass, an OC-2, a brassmaster, and my wah in a fixed position. My strat's in there too. I'm also using a couple programs for sequencing and programming: Cubase, Fruityloops, Ampeg SVX and Guitar Rig 3.

I was wondering if there was a more specific term for heavy dance that isn't all synthesizers. I can't think of one though.

I appreciate it!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021